Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education at the College of Business & Public Policy, UAA Alaska
The University of Alaska Anchorage is the state’s largest post-secondary institution. Located in the heart of Alaska's largest city, the campus is nestled in the middle of a greenbelt, surrounded by lakes, ponds and wildlife, and is connected to a city-wide trail system perfect for students’ active lifestyles.
The University offers many career pathway programs featuring associate’s, baccalaureate and master’s degrees, as well as vocational and professional certificates in more than 150 major study areas, including arts, sciences, business, education, human services and health sciences. Through UAA’s comprehensive curriculum, students learn practical job skills and develop a strong educational foundation that prepares them for graduate of professional schools and the workplace.
UAA’s College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) is a dynamic academic resource that both serves and reflects Alaska’s largest metropolitan community. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the College offers a range of degrees: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA); Master of Business Administration (MBA); Master of Public Administration (MPA); and Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management (MSGSCM). An exciting mix of faculty bring a wide range of academic and industry expertise to students who may major in management information systems, accounting, finance, management, marketing, logistics or economics.
- Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations: The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations is designed to provide a comprehensive foundation for students who want to initiate or develop a career path in logistics and supply chain operations without having to commit to lengthier educational programs.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations: The Undergraduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations program enables students to enhance and develop their understanding and skills in the fields of logistics and supply chain operations. It is designed to provide continuing education opportunities to professionals in the business community.
- AAS in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations: The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations was developed with input from Alaska business, industry and military representatives to meet the needs in all aspects of the operational and technical career fields of logistics. Students will build a foundation of knowledge and skills for successful logistics and supply chain operations: information management and customer service, warehousing and inventory control, purchasing and supply chain operations, transportation services, transportation rates, tariffs, and carrier liability.
- BBA in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Students graduating with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management will be able to demonstrate - A baccalaureate content knowledge of the major discipline; The ability to communicate effectively; Knowledge of the external environment of business; The ability to identify, formulate, and solve business problems using appropriate methodologies and tools; An appreciation of professional and ethical responsibilities; The ability to function well in groups; and Knowledge of the functional areas of organizations and how they relate to each other.
- MS in Global Supply Chain Management: Graduates of the MS GSCM program will be able to assess logistical activities and supply chain relationships in a strategic context within international and cross-cultural business environments. They will be able to demonstrate the role of leadership and team building in fostering and enhancing supply chain integration. Graduates will also be able to apply information technology as a means to manage knowledge; and use financial and cost accounting techniques to effectively measure logistical value within and across companies.
- Please check the Kodiak College Section (An extended College of University of Alaska Anchorage)
UAA is comprised of six teaching units at the Anchorage campus: the colleges of Education, Health and Social Welfare, Arts and Sciences, Business and Public Policy; and the Community and Technical College; and the School of Engineering. There are four community campuses: Matanuska-Susitna College, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College and Prince William Sound Community College.
- Campus: Located near Goose Lake in Anchorage and community campuses in Southcentral Alaska, UAA is committed to serving the higher education needs of the state, its communities and its diverse peoples.
- Accreditation: UAA is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. In addition, College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Logistics Programs: CBPP offers Logistics and Supply Chain programs at academic programs leading to occupational endorsements; undergraduate certificates; and associate’s, baccalaureate and graduate degrees.
- Exchange Programs: The National Student Exchange has semester- and year-long exchanges with nearly 200 participating universities throughout the United States and Canada, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Residence Life: The Department of Residence Life provides a living and learning environment through programs, services and opportunities. The Department is one of the largest student employers and activity centers on campus. You can become involved in student government, hall council, or work in one of the many student employment positions.
- Alaska Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The Alaska Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at CBPP provides free consulting services and low-cost educational programs to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their small business. The Alaska SBDC business advisors work with entrepreneurs in confidential, one-to-one sessions in the areas of management, marketing, sales, finance, accounting and other disciplines required for small business growth, expansion and innovation.
- Career Services Center: The center provides students and alumni with resources to learn and opportunities to place choice over chance when selecting a career and assists them in making informed career decisions and in reaching their career goals through our various services.
Last updated: Mar 22, 2017