MCA/RYA/PYA Approved Yacht, Hospitality, Engineering, Watersports & Other Maritime Training in Isle of Wight
UK Sailing Academy (UKSA) is a charity dedicated to changing lives through personal development and maritime education. UKSA aspires to provide the very best quality maritime education and the widest range of opportunities to develop self-esteem, confidence and motivation. Whatever your age, or motivation for change, a career in yachting offers a unique working environment with an unparalleled opportunity and variety of work.
With over 16 years of refinement, UKSA’s career training programs are proven to equip you with the practical skills, knowledge and qualifications to ensure your success working worldwide on yachts and motor yachts of every size. These programs are approved by MCA, Royal Yachting Association (RYA), PYA etc.
As part of the charitable remit, UKSA offers a range of leisure sailing and watersports courses aimed at improving personal enjoyment of a wide variety of sports afloat during recreational leisure time. Courses on offer take the form of 1-9 day residential programs and include all the necessary food accommodation, and use of personal safety equipment.
- Professional Yacht Cadetship (4 years): The Professional Yacht Cadetship is our flagship course. The cadetship allows you to earn while you learn to train for a long-term career in superyachting. This program is a structured 4-year apprenticeship with the option of completing a Foundation Degree in Operational Yacht Science with Falmouth Marine School.
- Professional Yachtmaster Offshore / Ocean: These courses are ideal for those who are able to invest a little more time and money in their training leading to a long term career with clear progression routes.
- Professional Yachtmaster (Offshore) - 14 weeks
- Professional Yachtmaster (Ocean) - 22 weeks
- Ocean Training: Upgrade your Yachtmaster (Offshore) qualifications with our newly repackaged seven-week Ocean Training course.
- RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Ocean (Sail)
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Shorebased
- MCA Approved Engine Certificate
- Superyacht Crew Training (6 weeks): The program is an ideal entry route into the yachting industry for 18 - 25 year olds. Ideal if you’re exploring your options without wanting to commit to a long-term career in the industry at this stage.
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA National Powerboat Level 2
- UKSA Crew Training Certificate
- STCW Basic Training including RYA / MCA Personal Survival Techniques, MCA Personal Safety and Social Responsibility, MCA Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting & MCA Elementary First Aid.
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Short Range Radio
Superyacht Hospitality Training
- Superyacht Interior Foundation (3 weeks): The Superyacht Interior Foundation course will prepare you with the skills needed to excel in this environment, together with the essential STCW safety training for work onboard the world’s largest luxury yachts.
- Superyacht Cookery Foundation (5 days): With instruction from expert chefs and professional yacht crew, the programme gives you a thorough understanding of good food preparation and cookery practice, including menu planning and budgeting.
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance (1 day)
- MCA Approved Engine Course (4 days)
- Kickstart Your Watersports Career (2 weeks)
- Watersports Instructor Training (11 weeks)
- Watersports Instructor Training Level 2 Diploma (12 weeks)
- Summer Instructor Training (5 weeks)
- Watersports Instructor Development (9 weeks)
- Watersports Instructor Training for Neilson (10 weeks)
MCA Deck Officer Training
- Master (Code Vessels <200gt) Officer of the Watch (Yachts <500gt)
- Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt)
- Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3000gt)
- Master (Yachts less than 500gt/3000gt)
- Individual MCA Training Modules
STCW Safety Training
- STCW (95) Basic Safety Training
- Elementary First Aid
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid
- Proficiency for Persons in Charge of Medical Care on Board Ship
Radio Communication Courses
- RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate
- GMDSS Restricted Operators Certificate (ROC)
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC)
- Ship Security Officer
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- Proficiency In Security Awareness