Warehouse Logistics Professional (WLP) Certification and Short courses and events
Established in 1891, IWLA is the oldest trade association of warehouse logistics providers that helps members run high-quality, profitable businesses. IWLA focuses on the warehouse logistics business, providing ideas and information that make it easier for member companies to succeed.
IWLA members represent the best of the best in the industry and are consistently looking for new professional talent in a variety of expertise areas: operations, transportation, IT, human resources, management, marketing/sales, administrative or general warehouse positions.
IWLA is devoted to communicating the value of outsourcing the warehousing function, and the many services that are provided by IWLA members. Countless time is spent each year crisscrossing the United States, Canada and other countries discussing the warehouse industry and the benefits of logistics outsourcing. IWLA is also a potent lobbying force with governmental entities, educating policy makers on industry- related issues.
Certification & Educational Programs
Warehouse Logistics Professional (WLP) Certification Program
- Tier I - Qualified Warehouse Logistics Professional (QWLP): This level is for emerging logistics professionals who are ready to make a career in the industry.
- Tier 2 - Certified Warehouse Logistics Professional (CWLP): This designation is for more seasoned individuals who have broad career experience and who have pursued additional professional education.
- Tier III - Executive Warehouse Logistics Professional (EWLP): The EWLP program is reserved for individuals who have achieved officer-level success in their organizations.
The International Warehouse Logistics Association WLP Certification Program recognizes members and nonmembers accomplishments through a tiered certification program designed specifically for warehouse logistics professionals. The WLP program has replaced the Certified Logistics Professional (CLP) program. All existing CLP designees are automatically awarded the new CWLP designation.
All IWLA warehouse members are eligible for the WLP certification program. Non-member warehouse logistics professionals are only eligible for the Qualified and Certified Warehouse Logistics Professional level of certification at this time.
Short Courses & Educational Events
Some of the programs scheduled are:
- IWLA Legislative Fly-in
- IWLA Economics of Warehousing & 3PL Sales
- IWLA Safety & Risk Conference
- IWLA Technology & Operations Solutions Conference
- IWLA Essentials of Warehousing Course
- IWLA Warehouse Legal Practice Symposium
- Expand Your Omni-channel Service Offerings through an Order Management System Webinar
- Contract Labor in Warehouses and Changes in 2017: What California 3PLs Must Know
- How will the Trump Administration Affect the Warehouse Logistics Industry? A Webinar
Last updated: January 12, 2017