Maritime & Transportation, Port and Shipping Management Programs in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Established in 2011, Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology (NMIT) is a private maritime education provider located in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. The institute is supported by the Maritime Institute Willem Barentsz (MIWB) which is one of the oldest maritime colleges in Netherlands. Other partners include Breda University of Applied Sciences (NHTV Breda - Netherlands), Dutch Offshore Academy, Southampton Solent University UK, and the Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT).
The courses and programs are provided with an industry oriented curriculum and state of the art facilities in two campuses across Johor Bahru. The diverse maritime-focused programs are to be accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) as well as the appropriate certification bodies in the Netherlands.
The institute is planning to introduce several other maritime diplomas along with bachelor and masters lever programs in the near future. The language of instruction is English and welcomes international students to study in Malaysia.
Education & Training Programs
- Diploma in Maritime Transportation Management (Full-time, 2.5 years)
- Diploma in Port Management (Full-time, 2.5 years)
- Diploma in Shipping Management (Full-time, 2.5 years)
Programs to Be Introduced
- Diploma in Maritime Law
- Diploma in Maritime Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management
- Diploma in Offshore Maritime Operation
- Diploma in Maritime Entrepreneurship
- Diploma Maritime Officer (Deck)
- Diploma Maritime Officer (Engineering)