Purchasing & Supply Management Education at College of Business Administration
Founded in 1892, Central Michigan University is one of the nation's 100 largest universities, offering more than 200 excellent academic programs in locations across the globe (60 locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico) and online. Central Michigan University has been known by generations of students as a large university with a smaller college feel and a focus on student engagement and leadership.
CMU is ranked within the nation's top 20 research institutions among universities with 16 or fewer doctoral programs in 2008 and, are especially proud of the level of involvement of undergraduate and graduate students in major research initiatives.
More than 90% of business students surveyed at CMU's College of Business Administration were employed within three months of graduation. The college’s professional faculty with significant business experience are dedicated to advancing your studies and career. There are opportunities for hands-on training through the LaBelle Entrepreneurial Center and other organizations at the college. The Internship opportunities with national businesses and industries and scholarships designed specifically for business students are another feature of the College of Business
- BS in Business Administration - Purchasing & Supply Management Major: This major offers students an opportunity to position themselves for jobs in the increasingly important fields of purchasing and supply management. This major includes coursework in accounting, international business, personal selling, marketing channels, purchasing strategy, sales forecasting, buyer behavior, logistics, inventory and materials management. Through these courses you will specifically learn how to identify global sources for supply, establish logistics and support systems, maintain quality control, design vendor evaluation systems, and more.
What really sets CMU apart from other schools is difficult to describe bu to experience. It's the fact that nearly half of all CMU freshmen participate in leadership training their first week on campus. Or that CMU recently won a national award for assisting victims of Hurricane Katrina. Or it's that special professor who still remembers your name after 20 years. It's a spirit that defies definition. That's CMU.
- Campus: Central Michigan University is rooted in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, home to 26,000 people and growing. Mount Pleasant feels like a classic college town, with a blend of natural features, exciting developments and small-town life. Although CMU's park-like main campus covers 480 acres, you'll find it seldom takes more than 10 minutes to walk from class to class - unless you stop to chat or relax along one of many walkways winding through CMU's landscaped campus.
- Accreditation: Central Michigan University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). The College of Business Administration offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs that are professionally accredited by AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Research: CMU is ranked within the nation’s top 20 research institutions among universities with 16 or fewer doctoral programs in 2008. As an example, CMU is assisting the Pentagon in developing filtration technology to remove contaminants and other hazardous materials from water.
- Student Life: CMU seniors exceed the national average by almost 20% with their participation in co-curricular activities. In 2007, CMU received the Medium School of the Year Award from the Great Lakes Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls. The CMU's recreation, parks and leisure services administration program is the largest undergraduate leisure studies program in the nation, with 458 signed majors. 71% of CMU students volunteer or do community service, exceeding the national average for student volunteerism.
- Residence Halls: Student rooms in CMU's 22 residence halls, most of which include separate bathroom, bedroom, and study/living room – ample space for all first-year students and many of CMU's upper-class students.