Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) & School of Engineering
Jönköping University (JU) is one of three Swedish private, non-profit institutions of higher education with the right to award doctorates. JU operates on the basis of an agreement with the Swedish Government and conforms to national degree regulations and quality requirements. The university is organized as a group of companies with five subsidiaries - four schools and a service company - owned by Jönköping University Foundation.
The four specialized and well-focused schools, each with a distinct profile, address a portfolio of exciting interlinked topics relating to some of the major issues of the time: internationalization, entrepreneurship, business renewal, innovative learning, a holistic approach to health throughout life, an interface between the economy and technology in the information society, and production systems for small- and medium-sized enterprises.
Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is one of four specialized schools that are part of Jönköping University. The school was founded in 1994 and provides education and research in the fields of Business Administration, Commercial Law, Economics, Informatics and Statistics. JIBS is recognized as the most international business school in Sweden and one of the most international in the world. Around 30% of the employees and students come from outside of Sweden. The school was the first in Scandinavia to offer programs in English at all three levels: Bachelor, Master and Doctoral, and has more than 200 partner universities all over the world. Approximately 85% of the students spend at least one semester abroad.
The School of Engineering is one of four schools that are part of Jönköping University. The School of Engineering offers education at bachelor, masters and doctoral levels (first, second and third-cycle levels), and 2-year courses at university college level and higher vocational education level.
- BSc with a major in Industrial Engineering and Management (Sustainable Supply Chain Management) - 3 years: The program is designed in a fashion that incorporates real-life issues regarding sustainability in several supply chain management related courses. Besides core courses in mathematics, the program includes topics that cover various stages of supply chains from purchasing and production, to distribution and retailing.
- Entry Requirements: General entry requirements include high school diploma and specific demand on mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Proof of English proficiency is required. Read more here.
- MSc with major in Business Administration (International Logistics and Supply Chain Management) - 1 year: The program presents new and forward-looking perspectives on logistics and supply chain management and offers you an opportunity to broaden your knowledge in a particular subset of international business administration, representing a nexus of competences and issues which will expand in importance along with the on-going globalization of firms and organizations. The program is designed for students who wish to improve their understanding of cross-functional links within and between organizations. The program is unique in that it offers a cross-disciplinary education, combining the core topics of logistics and supply chain management with marketing, law, and economic geography. The two-year version of the program prepares you well for continued studies on a doctoral level.
- Entry Requirements: A Bachelor's degree (including the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits from a recognized university) with at least 60 ECTS credits in business administration, economics, logistics, industrial engineering and management, or equivalent. English Language requirements corresponding to English B in the Swedish upper secondary school - TOEFL: with a minimum score of 550 with at least 4,0 in TWE (paper based), 213 with at least 4,0 in Essay Rating (computer-based) or 79 with at least 17 in TWE (Internet-based).IELTS*: with an overall band score of 6.0 and no part under 5.0.
- The university offers a limited number of scholarships to students who pay tuition fees and who fulfill the requirements of the scholarship and are assessed to be able to complete their studies adequately.
- The scholarships are offered on the basis of academic merit, with an emphasis on academic excellence. The scholarships cover part of the tuition fee.