Transportation Systems & Management; Offshore Engineering/Technology; Maritime Law; and Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education in Singapore
Established in 1905 and a leading global university centered in Asia, The National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore's oldest university and the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered. Its transformative education includes a broad-based curriculum underscored by multi-disciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment, as well as special programs which allow students to realize their potential.
Over 36,000 students from 100 countries further enrich the community with their diverse social and cultural perspectives, making campus life vibrant and exciting. The university is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. In 2011, NUS was ranked 28th in the world and 3rd in Asia by the QS World University Rankings.
The Logistics Institute - Asia Pacific is collaboration between the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) for research and education programs in global logistics. This collaboration provides joint logistics expertise which caters to the logistics needs of the industries across the world today focusing on global logistics, information technology, industrial engineering and supply chain management.
- BEng (Civil) with Specialization in Offshore Engineering: Offshore engineering specialization program aims to empower a selected group of civil engineering graduates with key skills and knowledge in offshore structures, hydrodynamics, seafloor engineering, control and even chemical processes so that they can join the Offshore and Marine Industry.
- MSc in Offshore Technology: The program offers a comprehensive coverage of topics in Offshore Technology and Subsea Engineering that are of great relevance to the offshore oil and gas industry which span the design of facilities in shallow waters to challenges that are faced by engineers in developments in deep waters and in arctic conditions.
Masters Program – Transportation
- MSc in Transportation Systems and Management: This is a multi-disciplinary program designed for professionals who are working in transportation and logistics related industry. The program involves graduate level modules taught by academic staff from the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, and the Business School. Students come from a variety of background, including undergraduate degrees in engineering, science, social sciences and business management.
Masters Programs - Logistics
- Double Master Program (DMP) in Logistics & Supply Chain Management: Drawing on the academic standing of NUS and GT, the DMP is tailored to train logistics professionals for strategic and management roles in their respective organizations. The DMP is taught by top academics from the Faculty of Engineering, Business School and School of Computing in NUS as well as the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at GT. It is supported strongly by the Economic Development Board of Singapore and many key industry partners.
- MSc in Supply Chain Management: The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management is ideal for mid-career professionals who are keen to advance their career in logistics. The integrated program which combines business and engineering will provide students with a comprehensive skill-set for planning, designing and operating modern supply chains in Asia. On completion of the course, graduates will be well equipped with knowledge of global logistics, information technology and industrial engineering to take on a challenging career in the logistics industry.
- Executive Masters' in International Logistics (EMIL): EMIL is an 18-month executive program on the management of global supply chains. It is tailor-made for individuals aspiring to reach the pinnacle of their careers in the Logistics Industry. EMIL is a cut above the rest for its blend of the best from industry and academia, in its provision of a top-class Masters' degree program endorsed by influential industry practitioners.
Masters Programs – Maritime Law
- Master of Laws (Maritime Law): This program enables law graduates to obtain specialized knowledge in maritime law, a field of great importance to Singapore and the region. Students will obtain a comprehensive overview of the legal matters relating to commercial shipping, marine insurance, shipping regulation and ocean policy. Overseas candidates accepted into this specialization will do it full-time within one academic year. Candidates working for companies based in Singapore and who wish to do the specialization part-time over two academic years, must furnish evidence of full sponsorship from their companies or the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA).
- Graduate Diploma in Maritime Law & Arbitration: Designed for students who do not possess a first degree in law, the Diploma provides specialized training in maritime law and arbitration to professionals such as master mariners, chief engineers and graduates from other disciplines working in the maritime sector. The Graduate Diploma allows individuals from Singapore-based companies who are able to furnish evidence of full sponsorship from their companies or the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) to pursue the course on a part-time basis over two years. Overseas students will generally complete the Graduate Diploma in one year.
Logistics Executive Programs
- Global Transportation
- Logistics / Supply Chain Strategy and Design
- Manufacturing Logistics
- Third Party Logistics
- Warehouse Management
NUS SINGAPORE Features
NUS has a range of joint, double and concurrent degree programs with some of the best universities in the world. As a leading research-intensive university, there are many opportunities for the students to interact and work with faculty and graduate students at the cutting edge of knowledge creation in a wide range of fields. In NUS, you would be constantly bumping into, interacting with and learning from students and faculty from more than a hundred countries, from a wide range of disciplines from philosophy to physics, from medicine to music.
- Campus: NUS main campus is located in southwest Singapore at Kent Ridge, with an area of approximately 370 acres. The Bukit Timah campus houses the law faculty, while the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore is located at the Outram campus.
- Accreditation: NUS is a national university of Singapore. Many of the programs and faculties are accredited by various national and international accreditation bodies such as Engineering Accreditation Board and EQUIS.
- NUS Career Center: The NUS Career Center is dedicated to assist you to identify and develop your career goals through better self awareness. An understanding of your career interests, competencies and work values are important in making a sound career choice.
- Internship: Internships provide you with an opportunity to try out a potential career field, or a particular company / employer. Get a valuable foothold into the working world and start building on your work experience. The internship program occurs during the vacation periods of: Semester 1 : Dec – Jan (5 weeks); and Semester 2 : May – Jul (12 weeks).
- NUS eJob Center: This NUS online job portal is a service available for students and you can search for job openings and internship opportunities or deposit your resume in the job bank.
- Center for Maritime Studies: The center is a National University of Singapore research center specializing in maritime affairs. Launched in 2005, the center responds to the need to pool resources together to embark on forward-looking research, capitalizing on global trade trends in Singapore and the world.
- Study Abroad: NUS Extension provides opportunities for foreign students and delegates to undertake an exciting academic adventure in Singapore. The study abroad programs will not only stimulate your mind, but also afford you the chance to know another culture first-hand and make friends from around the globe.
- Entrepreneurship Development: The NUS Extension suite of programs aims to unleash the entrepreneurial mind and inspire you to persist in your endeavors. NUS places strong emphasis on program quality and relevance and, every program adopts a systematic approach in training entrepreneurs with practical skills and essential knowledge. From new venture creation to IPO and beyond, you will get help from NUS.
- Housing: Only full time undergraduate and graduate students registered with the National University of Singapore are eligible.