Logistics, Supply Chain Management & Procurement Education in Venlo
With its 40,000 students, 4,000 members of staff and a range of courses covering almost every sector, Fontys University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions for higher education in the Netherlands. The 31 schools teach approximately 100 bachelor courses in the variants full-time, part-time, sandwich and in-service. In addition, 31 master variants are available, as well as 10 Associate degrees. Of these, 17 courses are offered in English. Of the total of 57 minors, 16 are taught in English and 1 in German. The number of registered students of non-Dutch nationality is over 5,000 in addition to more than 150 registered incoming exchange students.
Fontys in Venlo is renowned for its expertise in the area of internal and external logistics and has established itself as a non-disputed centre of expertise offering academic courses in Logistics Management. They originate from a structural and explicit demand for well-trained and practical logistic experts with hands-on experience.
- BSc in Logistics Management (4 year): Logistics Management Bachelor program leads to the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (BSc). Logistic Engineers will be the designers of logistics systems. This involves production systems, distribution systems, installing warehouses or the improvement of logistics chains of companies.
- Admissions: A prospective Bachelor's student must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In addition you need a certain level of English proficiency (IELTS6.0).
- MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ILSCM)
- MSc in International Procurement and Supply Chain Management (IPSCM)
- The aim of these programs is to prepare students for a management career whether or not they have academic and/or industry experience. The program offers an opportunity to enhance the professional competence with the knowledge, technical capacity and skills demanded in senior management positions dealing with logistics, procurement and supply chain management issues. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded with a British degree "Master of Science in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management” or “Master of Science in International Procurement and Supply Chain Management”. The degrees are awarded by Plymouth University. This study takes place in 2 countries; The Netherlands - Venlo and The U.K. - Plymouth.
- Admissions: A prospective Master’s student must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree. In addition you need a certain level of English proficiency (IELTS6.0).