Translate to Your Language
Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education at Asper School of Business
Founded in 1877, the University of Manitoba is western Canada's first university and Manitoba’s largest, most comprehensive and only research-intensive post-secondary educational institution. U of M offers more academic programs, support for students, campus services, scholarships and bursaries than any other post secondary institution in the province.
The University of Manitoba offers over 90 degrees, diplomas and certificates, more than 60 at the undergraduate level. Most academic departments offer graduate studies programs leading to master's or doctoral degrees. University 1 is a unique approach to first-year university, creating a solid foundation for student success. U1 is designed to help students find a direction that fits their interest and abilities, offering choice, flexibility and supportive programs - without adding an extra year to their degree.
The Asper School of Business is dedicated to providing the best business education anywhere, with a focus on serving Manitoba. The School is at the center of economic activities in Manitoba, while making important contributions to Canada and the world through the excellence and relevance of the teaching and research. Asper is differentiated by its unique relationship with the Associates of the Asper School of Business - a vibrant and influential network of Manitoba's most successful business leaders.
- BComm (Hons) with Logistics & Supply Chain Management Major (Regular 4 years, Co-op 4.33 years): BComm (Hons) degree is your ticket to a successful, productive career in the field of your choice. Whether you want to work with numbers or people or projects - or a combination of all three, a business degree will prepare you for the 21st century's competitive job market. The logistics and supply chain management major help you start on a high note. Human Resources Development Canada rates job prospects for managers in this field at its highest category.
- MSc in Management with Supply Chain Management Specialization: The MSc program in Management is designed to produce graduates who have an academically more in-depth, rigorous training in their chosen management field. In addition, the program seeks to develop strong research skills for the graduates in order to meet the needs of employers as well as to more effectively prepare Master's students for doctoral work. Students will spend at least the first year of their program in full-time residence. Supply Chain Management specialization requires minimum of 18 credit hours specialization, a master's thesis or research practicum.
UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA Features
University of Minitoba’s internationally accredited programs and award-winning researchers and instructors have a world-class reputation. With tuition fees lower than most other Canadian universities and an affordable city to call home, the students enjoy a high-quality education at a very reasonable cost. Students of the University of Manitoba not only receive world-class instruction from pre-eminent educators, they also get to rub shoulders with some of Canada’s best and brightest researchers. Pioneering research enters the university’s classrooms as it happens.
- Campus: The university consists of a main Fort Garry Campus, spanning over 676 acres, a downtown Bannatyne Campus, adjacent to Winnipeg’s Health Sciences Centre, and many other smaller satellite locations.
- Accreditation: University of Manitoba is a public institution recognized under a Public Act and the enabling legislation: University of Manitoba Act. Asper School of Business is accredited by AASCB International.
- Memberships/Affiliations: Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC); Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE); Languages Canada (LC); and, Canadian Virtual University (CVU).
- Innovators: The university has a legacy of groundbreaking research in nanotechnology, functional foods and nutraceuticals, HIV/AIDS, and climate change. Research meets industry in Smartpark Research and Technology Park, the home for cutting-edge companies, all of which are partnered with the university.
- Asper Co-operative Education: The Asper School of Business Co-operative Education Program is the largest co-op program at the University of Manitoba. Co-op students are engaged in meaningful productive, paid work during three, four month work terms. When you graduate you will have 12 months of relevant business experience, giving you a clear advantage over the competition.
- Asper International Exchange Program: Through the Asper Exchange program, you can travel the world, meet amazing new people and experience beautiful new cultures! Asper Exchange students have studied in business schools in a wide range of countries including Brazil, Denmark, Korea, Singapore, and Germany. This program is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a blast and add some spice to your post-secondary education.
- Career Development Center: The Career Development Center at the Asper School of Business specializes in helping Asper students and graduates to manage their current and future careers. The center assist with career research, resume writing, job search strategies, effective interviewing skills, business networking and professional development. The school has a network of employers and companies across Canada.
- Housing: Each year, over 1,200 students get the full benefit of the university experience by living in residence. Each residence has its own unique atmosphere based on the interests of the students who live there. Housing & Student Life provides four residence buildings: Pembina Hall Residence; Mary Speechly Hall; University College Residence; and Arthur V. Mauro Student Residence (must have finished one year of university to qualify)
LAST UPDATED ON January 16, 2017