Translate to Your Language
Logistic, Supply Chain Management,Transport & Operations Management Education in Birmingham
Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston University is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce. Aston University is based in the center of Birmingham, home to over 65,000 students and one of Europe’s liveliest and most welcoming cities. The 40 acre campus houses all the University's academic, social and accommodation facilities for 9,500 students of the university.
Aston is ranked 13th out of 113 UK Universities by the 2010 Complete University Guide, and 19th in the Guardian rankings 2010, confirming the place amongst the elite of UK Universities. Aston also has an outstanding reputation for helping the graduates secure good jobs, with 82% finding graduate level employment within six months of graduation, compared to a national average of less than 70% (2007 and 2008 graduates).
Aston Business School (ABS) is renowned for the quality of its teaching, research and its supportive environment. The main postgraduate rankings exercises in which ABS participates are the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management, Financial Times (FT) Global Full-Time MBA and The Economist Which MBA Ranking. The school provides students with an inspirational educational experience offering them rapid career progression in international business. Aston is among just 1% of business schools worldwide with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Most of the Logistics & Supply Chain Management programs are accredited by CILT(UK) and/or CIPS.
- FdSc Logistics (2 years): The Foundation Degree in Logistics enables professionals working within the Logistics or Supply Chain sector, with no dedicated qualifications or non-traditional qualifications to gain a valuable University degree. The program is accredited by the CILT (Chartered Institute for Logistics & Transport).
- BSc Business & Supply Chain Management (3 years full-time / 4 years full-time with integrated placement year): Students on this course develop a thorough understanding of the physical and managerial processes involved in logistics, and specifically the integrated management of the end-to-end supply chain. Graduates will possess specific academic and professional skills in demand by employers in the UK and internationally.
- BSc Logistics & Operations Management (2 years work based blended distance learning): Taught by blended distance learning, only 2 weeks of on campus teaching plus exams. The BSc Logistics & Operations Management course is a progression pathway with a 120 credits weighting and is designed to give a route from foundation degrees to a BSc. It is offered to those who hold 240 credits from an Aston Foundation Degree in Logistics or equivalent.
- BSc Logistics with Purchasing Management (3 years full-time / 4 years full-time with integrated placement year): Ideal for students interested in a career in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management with its emphasis on the; selection, engagement, development and perfromance measurement of suppliers. Accredited by both the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- BSc Logistics with Supply Chain Management (3 years full-time / 4 years full-time with integrated placement year): One of very few engineering-based logistics degrees in the UK which combine technological knowledge with management and business. Program accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- BSc Logistics with Transport Management (3 years full-time / 4 years full-time with integrated placement year): The Transport Management programmes examine the economic, operational, societal and environmental issues related to the transport and distribution industries. Program accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- MSc Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time: six months of taught modules on campus and a six month individual project): Deepen your understanding of strategic decision-making, policy and practice in the context of the business environment globally and gain a qualification accredited by the CIPS and CMI.
- Maintenance loan (UK Students)
- Maintenance grant (UK Students)
- Aston Graduate Discount
- If you achieve AAB or above in your A Levels (or equivalent), you are eligible for the Aston Excellence Scholarship worth £4,000 over a typical Aston University degree.
- International applicants to Aston may be eligible for scholarships determined by their nationality or country they live in, including many scholarships of between £2,500 and £5,000.