Translate to Your Language
Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education in Birmigham
With over 25,000 students, Birmingham City University (BCU) is one of the major universities in the UK. Situated in Birmingham, the UK’s second city and informal capital of the West Midlands, It has a long history of close interaction with this vibrant region. The university has a distinctive focus on education and research for professional and creative practice and on collaboration with business, industry and the public services.
BCU is ranked 63 in the Guardian 2010 League Table with three subjects ranked in the top 20 in the UK. Also the fourth highest new university, ranked 76 in the Times Good University Guide 2010. The university is ranked 59 in the Independent Complete University Guide 2010. The postgraduate provision provides a wide range of opportunities for management and professional development for early and mid-career professionals. Many of the university staff have professional qualifications and bring professionally relevant experience to bear on their teaching practice.
School of Engineering and Built Environment is located across university’s two campuses - City North Campus and City Centre Campus. Through a vast choice of accredited courses supported by more than 300 staff, plus vigorous research activities, the daprtment has gained a reputation as the West Midlands' chief hub of knowledge, technology and skills-transfer into industry. The department schools have been recognized as leaders of education in many of the national surveys and education league tables.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time, 29 months part-time): The MSc Logistics program has been designed to provide a multi-disciplinary approach and understanding of the complex production flows, production processes, distribution channels of supply chains and operational issues of logistics, purchasing and supply chain management. This program will equip you with the skills and knowledge required in industry to apply new technologies and techniques to solve present and future problems concerning both UK and international logistics providers and supply chain managers. This is course will act as a foundation for a career as a logistician or supply chain manager, or alternatively give you the necessary skills and knowledge for research at doctoral level (PhD).
- Entry Requirement: Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. However, your application will be considered without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course. English language requirements for certain countries.
- Employment Opportunities: here is a growing market need for practitioners and managers with the necessary knowledge to identify and provide solutions to a wide range of logistical and supply chain problems. This course is designed to produce managers who can operate at a senior level in this field. Typical roles include: Supply Chain Managers; Distribution Managers; Logistics Managers; Logistics Analysts; and Procurement Managers.
- Some of the past student recruiters: WEG Electric Motors (UK) Ltd; Ishida Europe; DHL Manufacturing Logistics Services; Palletways UK; APL Logistics; BAE Systems; and Staffordshire Perkins UK.
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Online Distance Learning - 25 months): This distance learning course is designed to allow maximum flexibility to ensure delegates who are employed have the opportunity to decide how and when is most convenient and conducive to study.
- Entry Requirement: Applicants are expected to have obtained an honours degree in a relevant technology-related subject, with at least a 2:2 classification. The Course is designed primarily for delegates with prior knowledge of information systems and/or technologies, logistics and distribution, and who wish to specialise in a course of study that will extend them intellectually and practically according to their abilities.
- BCU Masters Scholarships
- BCU Academic Excellence Scholarships
- BCU Loyalty Scholarships
- Career Development Loans
- Trusts and charities
- Disabled Students Allowance
- Plus more..