Translate to Your Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education in Coventry, UK
Coventry University is relatively a new, a forward-looking, modern and innovative university with a growing reputation for high quality education. The university has a proud tradition of focus on applied research. Coventry University was Highly Commended in the Entrepreneurial University of the Year category at the Times Higher Awards 2008.
Independent surveys show that Coventry University provides a caring and supportive environment, enriched by a unique blend of academic expertise and practical experience. Through the links with leading edge businesses and organizations in the public and voluntary sectors, Coventry students are able to access project and placement opportunities that enhance their employability on graduation.
The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing at Coventry University is a large applied scientific and technological center for learning and research. Activities range from mathematics to civil engineering and building, computer science to mechanical engineering, engineering and knowledge management to aerospace, to name a few. The great strength of the Faculty is the breadth of coverage and the ability to integrate a range of subjects all framed within the management of technology. The Faculty is very focused on the application of science and technology to the real world, from sought after graduates to applied research, making real impact with the business partners.
- MSc in Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time & 3 years part-time): Developed in collaboration with industry partners, this Master’s program addresses this growing demand by seeking to develop professionals with up-to-date knowledge, skills and capabilities in the key areas of strategic supply chain management, sourcing, procurement, logistics, contracts, ecommerce, forecasting, demand and environmental management.
- MSc in International Business Logistics (1 year full-time & 3 years part-time): This program aims to prepare you to work within the global logistics and supply chain industry in areas such as sourcing, transportation, inventory management, production planning and distribution. Through guest speakers, international fieldtrips, case studies and internship opportunities, we use our excellent industry links to share real-world experiences and bring you up-to-speed with the issues facing modern businesses within their logistics and supply chain operations.
- Recognition: The above Programs are accredited and recognized by Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- MSc in Global Logistics Management (1 year full-time & 2 years part-time): This Master’s program has been designed with input from employers within the global logistics industry, including Deutsche Post and Exact Logistics. It aims to provide knowledge, technical expertise and confidence in key areas, such as logistics strategy, transport economics, simulation, costing/pricing tools and IT project management – with the possibility of achieving PRINCE2 certification. The course covers global distribution network development, multi modal transportation and shipping, logistics operations and supply chain management. This course is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Masters Entry Requirements: You should have a first or second class honours degree in appropriate discipline. However entry qualifications are flexible and applications are welcomed for mature candidates and those with industrial experience. Minimum English language standard of IELTS 6.5 or IELTS 6.0 with five week pre-sessional English course.
Coventry University Features
Coventry University combines a broad base of academic excellence and expertise with a focus on applied research - innovation, knowledge transfer and service provision. This established research culture underpins teaching and a range of exciting opportunities for students taking higher degrees. It also enhances external community interaction and the status as a successful, business-facing university. Coventry University received the highest rating of world-leading in seven different units. The University will continue to build on this success in collaboration with students, businesses, external funders and all those in the wider community interested in achieving outstanding research results.
- Campus: The University occupies a purpose-built 33-acre campus in the heart of Coventry city center. The campus buildings and environment are constantly being developed and enhanced. The distinctive turreted building on campus is our £16m Library, which has over 1,200 study areas, 450 computer workstations and a wealth of learning materials and information services.
- Accreditation: Coventry University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor.
- Awards and Recognition: The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) reviewed the quality of research in all UK universities. Research units are judged on the basis of the quality of their research. Coventry showed a marked improvement in its results from the RAE 2001. Coventry University's Department of Industrial Design has won the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher & Further Education for its work in automotive design.
- Careers & Employability Service: Coventry University is very focussed on the employability of its students and has a range of initiatives which will prepare you for graduate employment. Many staff across the University are involved in supporting you to develop the skills and experience that will help you to get a good job on graduation.
- Placements and Work Experience: The placement officers in your school/faculty and in the Careers and Employability Service are a good place to start. Visiting graduate and work placement fairs at the NEC in year 1 and 2 can also give you lots of the information and contacts that you will need. In addition, the University’s International Experience and Mobility Scheme runs European work placement schemes called Erasmus and Leonardo Da Vinci which are available for a full placement year or for 6 months if you are a graduate.
- Housing: There is a wide variety of student accommodation in Coventry with choice of University owned and managed halls and houses, private halls, houses and flats. The university offers a range of accommodation to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, which is safe, centrally located and maintained to a high standard.