Translate to Your Language
Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain Management Education at University of Huddersfield Business School
Founded in 1825, University of Huddersfield is a top UK research university located in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England with more than 24,000 (about 3,600 in masters programs) students from all over UK and more than 130 countries. The university has a good reputation among employers in UK and abroad. In a recent national UK survey, the international students said that they would recommend the University of Huddersfield.
92% of the undergraduate students are either in employment or go on to further study within six months of graduating compared to the UK average of 89.9%. That is because of the direct result of university’s vocational approach of real work experience combined with high academic standards. Huddersfield develops the programs in conjunction with employers and industry.
The range of business programs at the University of Huddersfield Business School include management, logistics and marketing and specialist elements such as analytical skills, aviation, tourism, ethical, financial and social factors and how they apply to business. Many businesses are global and language skills are highly valued so languages are offered as an option and are encouraged across all courses and all years of study. Business at Huddersfield has up to a 93.4% record of graduates finding employment or going on to further study within six months of graduation during 2008/09. Huddersfield graduates have joined firms such as Airbus, Apple, DHL, HSBC, Jaguar, the NHS, Pepsico International, Principles Agency, Rolls Royce Power and Vodafone to name a few.
- BSc (Hons) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (4 years with placement year): This innovative professional program has been developed in partnership with the NOVUS Trust, an industry led organisation dedicated to attracting and developing talent in logistics and the supply chain. During the course you'll have a company mentor, participate in industry-led seminars and site visits, as well as enjoying paid vacation and sandwich year placements with leading employers.
- BSc (Hons) in Supply Chain Management (3 years full-time - 4 years with placement year): The course is really focussed on real world application and they have developed relationships with a large number of industry contacts such as Gist, DHL, Caterpillar, Wincanton, Sainsbury's and Cummins who provide us with some great guest lectures, enable site visits and most importantly provide work placements and graduate employment opportunities.
- BSc (Hons) in Transport and Logistics Management (3 years full-time - 4 years with placement year): This course reflects the growing importance of transport and logistics management within the world of business. A career in transport and logistics could mean working with a specialist provider of logistics and distribution services, a train operator, a bus or coach company, a consultancy or possibly the armed forces. The course also covers operational and economic aspects of passenger transport.
- BSc (Hons) in Supply Chain Management with Logistics (1 year Top-up): This one-year top-up degree course focuses on the strategic management of the supply chain and logistics operations. As business is becoming ever more complex and globalised, even for simple products, the supply chain is extending around the world and involving many different organisations.
- BSc (Hons) in Air Transport and Logistics Management (3 years full-time - 4 years with placement year): The course will give you the opportunity to learn the knowledge and skills required for an exciting and challenging career in airlines, air freight, freight forwarders, express couriers and general logistics and supply chain management. This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- BA (Hons) in Business with Supply Chain Management (4 years with placement year): This course combines a general business education with a focus on supply chain management . You'll learn how leading companies organise and manage the planning, sourcing, manufacturing and physical logistics of their supply chains to ensure business success. This professional program has been developed in partnership with the NOVUS Trust.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year): The program is aimed at graduates who wish to develop a business career in this field but whose first degree is in another discipline. It will appeal to students who seek to use an MSc as the gateway to an exciting career within a global business. The program is delivered through lectures and seminars from University staff, complemented by industrial speakers and visits to a range of logistics operations. The dissertation provides an opportunity for you to put the theory and principles of supply chain management into practice through a study of a relevant industrial problem or issue. You will work closely with an individual project supervisor on this important part of the program.
- MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management (1 year): This course provides you with an in-depth and philosophical understanding of the concepts of operations and supply chain management. This course builds upon the University's established reputation as an excellent provider of undergraduate courses and senior management training programmes in this management discipline.
The University of Huddersfield is home to students from over 130 countries. Combined with the academic reputation, high quality programs and strong links to international commerce and industry, the university provides excellent opportunities to all students from UK and abroad. The university’s accredited Careers and Employability Services provides specialist support to build on your academic qualification and help you gain valuable work experience to meet your long term career goals. Huddersfield also provides professional support for students interested in transforming their business ideas into profitable ventures through a program called Business and Me.
- Campus: The University is located in Huddersfield which is about 170 miles from London and about 3 hours drive. The Barnsley Campus is located in a conservation area and one of the most historic parts of the town center and, Oldham Campus is located close to the heart of Oldham and provides a professional environment to study. Barnsley is between Sheffields and Leeds and Oldham is very close to Manchester.
- Accreditation: University of Huddersfield is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Some of the undergraduate logistics degrees except top-up are accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Employability: Most of the graduates are successful in gaining employment within the first six months of finishing their program.
- Enterprise: The enterprise team helps students and recent graduates become self-employed, or start-up their own business or social enterprise. The university also has support staff looking to teach enterprise, or who are seeking ways of awakening entrepreneurship in their students as part of their skills or subject learning.
- Job Placements: The average salaries of the graduates have increased from £22,000 in 2009 to £22,400 in 2010. Also Huddersfield is among the UK’s top 10 providers of sandwich courses - where the students undertake a paid work placement in industry or commerce (HESA data).
- Jobshop: Huddersfield offers the highest number of jobs to students and graduates than any other university in the region. The university runs the most successful Jobshop in Yorkshire and Humberside and topped the two most recent surveys in October 2010 and January 2011.
- Housing: DIGS, the recommended accommodation provider, offers rooms in halls of residence which are within a close distance to the University, so you can be sure that you'll have a safe and friendly place to live when you arrive here. The Storthes Hall Park Student Village and Ashenhurst Student Houses are the recommended and approved halls. These are independent of the University and are privately owned and operated.