Translate to Your Language
International Trade & Finance with Logistics and Maritime Law Education and CIPS Training Programs in London
London Metropolitan University (London Met) is a diverse and vibrant university right in the center of London. London Met as you see it today was created in 2002 with the merger of London Guildhall University and the University of North London. The University has strong educational roots dating back to 1848.
London Met is committed to helping the students build rewarding careers. Courses are designed and updated to be directly relevant to the current employment market. As a student, the university can help you find placements, work experience and voluntary opportunities across a wide variety of organizations. In 2011 London Met was awarded the highest accolade from the government's Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). More than two thirds of the research was judged to be internationally recognized, internationally excellent or world leading by the most recent Research Assessment Exercise.
Located in the City of London, the university’s London Metropolitan Business School (LMBS) is at the heart of one of the world’s major financial centers. The business school works closely with large companies to design its programs. The students are able to apply their learning using market-leading technology, including the Bloomberg Research and Trading Room. LMBS graduates have gone on to work in major institutions such as the Bank of England, NatWest and Merrill Lynch.
Maritime Law Programs
- LLM Maritime Law (Top-Up) (Online): If you hold a Maritime Law Postgraduate Diploma, you too can sign up for our highly successful Maritime law (Top-Up) Distance Learning LLM course. It will greatly enhance your academic knowledge and career potential in the legal and maritime industry. You can also study from your home or any location around the world with this online course.
- Entry requirements: You will be required to have passed the Maritime Law Postgraduate Diploma at one of the following institutions - London Metropolitan University, Lloyd’s Maritime Academy or World Maritime University.
International Trade Program
- MSc in International Trade and Finance: The International Trade and Finance MSc course will develop your knowledge of the global economy, its structure and the roles you could undertake within this evolving world. You will examine and refine your understanding of the drivers of international, inter and intra-corporate trade and investment that are shaping today’s global economy. You’ll also have a variety of option modules to choose from so you can develop specialist knowledge within global finance and trade such as International Logistics.
- Entry requirements: You will be required to have a minimum classification of second class, lower division (2.2) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any subject discipline & GSCE Maths at grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above (or equivalent).
- CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement & Supply (Levels 2 to 6): The course operates on a part-time flexible modular basis, providing opportunities for day release, blended and distance learning programs. These programs are also available as in-company courses. Delegates can combine the various study modes or study options to suit their work commitments.
- The course will provide: individual one-to-one study plans and costing, CIPS workbooks and study materials, tutor support throughout, seminars in study skills and examinations are integrated within all programs, Skype seminars for blended and distance learning, and one on one Skype tutorials for distance learning.
LONDON MET Features
All undergraduates take an employability module in their second year. Students taking accredited courses may engage with employers through work based learning. Postgraduate and research students have dedicated career planning support and the graduates can access these services for up to three years. The campuses in the City and Islington put students next to global corporations and London's creative heart. These locations present unrivalled opportunities to get involved with employers directly. The university works with local businesses to advertise vacancies and give students the necessary support to apply for positions.
- Campus: The University has campuses in the City of London and in the London North. City campus has a prime location in the heart of the City of London and the vibrant Aldgate area of east London. North London campus in Islington sits within a multicultural community, full of lively bars, beautiful parks and independent shops.
- Accreditation: London Metropolitan University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor.
- Facilities: The students have access to brilliant libraries, state-of-the-art £30 million science centre, seven stories of computers in the technology tower, free Wi-Fi, a simulated Bloomberg trading floor, interpreting suites, multi-media studios and many more specialist facilities.
- Careers Service: The careers service has regular recruitment fairs, workshops with employers, skills training, CV advice, one-to-one expert support and confidence building sessions.
- Student Enterprise: The award winning student enterprise program runs regular workshops, the meet the entrepreneur series, hosts the annual business plan competition, provides work experience with start up businesses and gives support to students and graduates to create and grow new ventures.
- Housing: While at University, most students will either live in a hall of residence or in private rented accommodation. Halls of residence offer comfortable and affordable rooms for students. Privately rented accommodation is generally cheaper than halls of residence, but you may have to pay for utility bills, separately from the rent.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 17, 2018