Translate to Your Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
One of the UK’s most progressive and innovative universities, Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) is a multicultural institution with a vibrant and diverse student population with over 4,000 international students from 120 different countries. Also Sheffield Hallam is one of the largest providers of placements in the UK. SHU has an excellent graduate employment rate, 89 per cent are in work or further study within six months of completing their course.Sheffield Hallam University is one of the UK's leading new universities in South Yorkshire, England, based on two sites in Sheffield.
SHU has strong links with business and industry and work with more than 25 professional bodies, business and industry leaders. SHU also runs masters courses in association with major companies such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle & SAP. The university is the sixth largest in the UK, with more than 33,000 students, over 3,200 staff and 572 courses.
In the National Student Survey, several subject areas at SHU have performed very well in terms of overall student satisfaction with their courses. The University has 16 research centers and institutes, two Yorkshire Forward Centers of Industrial Collaboration, and several specialized research groups, many of national and international renown featuring key research platforms such as materials science, art and design, sports science and engineering, biomedicine, and economic and social research.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (12-18 months Full-time, 3 years Part-time): The program provides you with the opportunity to develop your understanding of current best practice in the theory and application of leading processes and systems in logistics, operations engineering and supply chain management. Successfully completing this course contributes towards the academic requirements for registration with the Chartered Institution of Logistics and Transport. As a graduate in the logistics sector, advanced technical and management careers are open to you. This can enhance your career prospects in the supply chain sector as well as in engineering, manufacturing, international transport and logistics, business and commerce.
Sheffield Hallam Features
Many of the full-time undergraduate degrees include an optional placement year, enabling you to complete a year of paid employment in a relevant business or organization. Those that don't often provide the opportunity to complete a short work placement or a series of work placements. Some postgraduate and part-time courses also include a short work placement period. The timing, length and structure of the placement will depend on your course. Work placements help students to understand the connection between their course and how it relates to their career. They provide valuable experience of a real working environment, enabling you to learn about how organizations operate.
- Campus: Sheffield Hallam University is located in the city of Sheffield. One of the UK's most welcoming cities - Sheffield has a well-deserved reputation for friendliness and hospitality. Sheffield has over 50,000 students and is the fifth largest city in England.
- Accreditation: Sheffield Hallam University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. The MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) UK. It offers full exemption from the educational requirements for chartered membership, if graduates achieve an overall average of at least 50 per cent.
- Careers and Employment: SHU offers a wide range of services, including an extensive program of careers-related events throughout the year, including recruitment fairs, employer presentations, skills sessions led by employers, external specialists and in-house experts; netWORK Employment Service, which advertises hundreds of part-time and graduate vacancies online through the student portal; Impact, the career coaching and employer mentoring scheme; and an international students job club, offering advice and support on job-hunting and the applications process.
- Erasmus and Non-EU Exchanges: SHU has exchange agreements with over 100 institutions across the world so there has never been a better time to participate in an exchange. When you graduate after taking part in an exchange you'll have experience of living and studying in a country outside the UK during which time you will have acquired many of the skills and abilities prized by graduate employers.
- Housing: Sheffield Hallam University has a wide range of property to suit all tastes, needs and budgets and guarantee all first year students accommodation of a reasonable standard either in University owned, managed, partnership or private sector accommodation.