Translate to Your Language
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs in Logistics & Supply Chain Management in Hull
Founded in 1928 and received its Royal Charter in 1954, University of Hull is a public research university located in Hull, England with a total student population over 20,000 in both campuses. The University has particular research expertise in social justice, environmental technologies, maritime history, healthcare, 3D visualization and nanotechnology. The University offers 2201 courses a year, from the very latest disciplines to well-established traditional subjects, as well as almost 400 adult education modules.
In the 2008 national Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), 80% of the University of Hull’s research was judged to be of an international standard in terms of originality, significance and rigor. The National Student Survey (NSS) consistently ranks the University in the top ten mainstream English Universities. The 2010 International Student Barometer showed that the University continues to deliver first-class service to its international student body, with 88% of students satisfied or very satisfied with their experience.
The Logistics Institute institute develops individuals, processes and technologies in organizations of all sizes and types, and across all sectors, by providing emerging technology development and implementation, short courses and consultancy, and managed office space. The Institute already has a strong track record of contributing to the economic regeneration of the Humber region and of helping to create greener, leaner and more cost-effective supply chains nationally and internationally.
Hull University Business School (HUBS) is a leading UK business school dedicated to the development of responsible leadership for a complex world. The school is committed to achieving the very highest standards which is highlighted in the prestigious 'Triple Crown' of accreditations from AASCB, EQUIS and AMBA. HUBS is also one of the first academic institutions to sign up to the Principles for Responsible Management Education and an active player in the European Academy of Business in Society.
- BA (Hons) in Business and Supply Chain Management: The integrated study of business and gain an understanding of the main functional areas of business, the management process and the changing internal and external environments in which organizations operate. By choosing to focus on supply chain management, you also gain specialist knowledge in the web of national and international connections which make up today's complex supply chains.
- BSc (Hons) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: You learn how to manage complex supply chains, as well as the interconnected relationships among the different stakeholders and networks across industries. The state-of-the-art facilities include the Bloomberg Global Data Supply Chain, which enables you to engage with real-life, up-to-date information on companies worldwide.
- Duration: All undergraduate programs are 3 years full-time, 4 years with foundation degree, or work placement year, or with study abroad year
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time): This Logistics and Supply Chain Management Masters degree explores the decisions made to tackle management problems in business, industry and the public sector. Hull University Business School has a very strong tradition of logistics and is home to the University’s internationally renowned Logistics Institute. Students have the opportunity to engage with the institute’s research and industrial partners, such as the World Economic Forum, and to experience the exceptional environment of the Logistics Institute’s Technology Innovation Hub.
Hull University Features
- Campus: The University has two campuses in the cosmopolitan city of Hull and the coastal gem of Scarborough.
- Accreditation: University of Hull is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Hull University Business School has accreditations from the European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools in Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). The supply chain management programsare accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) UK.
- Work Placement and Exchange Programs: The flexible structure allows students to take periods of industrial training within their degree programs. Hull also has a number of exchange agreements with foreign institutions to allow students to study or undertake a project abroad for up to a year.
- Career Center: The University of Hull has an excellent track record of helping its students to succeed in work. Hull has high rates of employability and continue to help both graduates and students prepare for the world of work ahead.
- Housing: The University of Hull boasts a selection of accommodation choices in both its Hull and Scarborough campuses, featuring a choice of owned, managed, or arranged properties by the University - many continuing students also stay in the residences - and also access to a variety of privately owned houses, flats and rooms.