Translate to Your Language
Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education at Salford Business School
The University of Salford is a campus university based in Salford, Greater Manchester, England with approximately 20,000 registered students. The main campus is less than a mile and a half (three kilometres) from Manchester city centre. Salford has excellent transport links into the city, with a railway station on campus and a regular bus service. It's only a couple of minutes drive from the motorway network and less than twenty minutes from Manchester International Airport. It is situated in 60 acres of parkland on the banks of the River Irwell.
As one of the first universities to offer 'sandwich' degrees, the University of Salford has a history of giving students job-related skills and experience. And many of the programs have been designed in conjunction with employers - giving students a head start when it comes to graduation. Salford is at the forefront of developing the blended learning approach. Increasing demands on students to juggle study and work is the reason why they have introduced systems that blend traditional teaching methods with the convenience of online study and workplace learning.
Salford Business School enjoys an excellent national and international reputation for its programs, teaching quality and the progression of its students into responsible positions within a variety of industry settings. The school combines academic and vocational excellence in the areas of teaching, research and enterprise and is a resource for businesses regionally, nationally and internationally. A key strength of the School is the experienced staff who will work with you to achieve your aims. Salford Business School has received the 2014 Business School of the Year Award from the Times Higher Education.
- MSc in Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain Management: This program provides a thorough coverage of procurement and e-procurement, warehousing and stores management, transportation and shipping, inventory planning and contract management within an overall Supply Chain context. Graduates acquire theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to equip them for a career in a wide range of environments including: Service Industry; Manufacturing; Banking; Government; and Public sector.
- Students on all full-time program can choose the option of a placement year in place of the dissertation normally undertaken in Semester 3. This includes International Students, who can normally extend their visa to cover the additional year of the program. This program offers accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), who offer full membership to students on completion and graduation.
- Entry Requirement: A 2:2 degree in a relevant subject or a 2:1 degree in a non-relevant subject or a comparable qualification from a UK or overseas institution. International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English – IELTS 6.5 band score or a TOEFL score of 575 or above (232 computer based) with a TWE of 4.0 or above are appropriate. If your current English language qualification is below this level you may be able to take one of the many English courses in the School of Languages.
Salford Funding & Scholarships
- Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford Loyalty Discount
- International Student Bursary
- Postgraduate loans for Masters study
- Bursary competitions
- Part-time work
- Professional career development loan
- Plus more