Translate to Your Language
Warehousing & Storage, Logistics Operations, Procurement & Supply Training Programs in Wakefield
Wakefield College is a Further Education College located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. Wakefield is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training in Wakefield and its surrounding area since 1868. Today, the College has its base in three major areas as well as delivering learning in community settings all over the district. The College is home to almost 15,000 students, of all ages and abilities, studying a broad range of courses, from pre-entry level through to higher education and professional qualifications.
Wakefield College plays a leading role in regional regeneration, perfectly illustrated by the new state of- the-art learning facility - the skillsXchange - at Glasshoughton, replacing the College’s Whitwood Campus and offering skills for employability locally and regionally.
Wakefield College offers a range of vocational, apprenticeship and foundation programs in logistics, warehousing and distribution. NVQ Level qualifications are awarded by City & Guilds and procurement diplomas are awarded by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- City & Guilds Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship - Warehousing & Storage (1 year): An apprenticeship is a great way to start a career, enabling you to gain work-based knowledge with an employer while earning a wage or a training allowance. At the same time you will be studying at College to obtain valuable, nationally-recognized qualifications that will become the foundation of your future career.
Warehouse & Logistics Programs
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage Principles (Routes to Employment) (5 days): This course is for learners who are interested in working in the Warehousing and Distribution sector. This qualification aims to: Provide learners with a pre-employment route as well as a foundation for those already working in the logistics sector.
- City & Guilds Part-time Level 2 Warehousing and Storage QCF (6 months): If you work in the warehousing and storage sector, this qualification will enable you to demonstrate the skills you already have, broaden your industry knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the part you play in your company's performance. The course will also give you a recognized qualification which could be a stepping-stone to further achievements.
- City & Guilds Part-time Level 3 Logistics Operations Management (up to 2 years): This qualification is designed for employees working as warehouse or logistics managers or in similar roles. Skills for Logistics recommend this qualification and describe it as being a well-rounded qualification that will give the learner a broad understanding of how the logistics sector operates.
- The award of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) membership is the hallmark of the professionally qualified in this sector. It is increasingly being demanded by employers as a key to appointment and promotion. Holders of the Professional Diploma with the required professional experience are entitled to full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply membership and to use the letters MCIPS after their name.
- Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply (part-time)
- Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (part-time)
- Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (3 months, part-time)
- Introduction to Procurement (1 day): This short session is designed to explore some of the fundamentals of procurement. It is aimed at both non-procurement staff who want to gain a basic understanding of this growing area of importance and staff who are embarking on a career in procurement, purchasing or supply chain management.