Translate to Your Language
City & Guilds, NVQ and BTEC Qualifications and Apprenticeships in Marine Engineering Training in Poole, Dorset
Located at Poole Dorset in UK, the Bournemouth and Poole College (BPC) is the largest provider of Further Education (FE) and Apprenticeships in the area and delivers further education, higher education and apprenticeship courses. BPC provides a wide range of professional and technical programs which provide entry to university and membership of internationally recognized professional organizations. With over 11,000 students from across the region, the UK and the world (over 40 countries), it is one of the largest colleges in the Region.
BPC Apprenticeships training is ranked in the top 30% of colleges and work with over 2,000 businesses. The college the first in the UK to launch e-lab, providing in-house access to work skills training and exclusive jobs (every day four students get a job). Bournemouth and Poole College is one of the only providers of Marine training in Bournemouth and in Poole on the south coast of England.
The Marine Technology Centre in Poole contains the latest marine equipment and technologies and has a total capacity of around 250 students. The centre is closely supported by many leading marine organizations such as British Marine Federation. The courses at the centre are very hands-on and have been designed to match industry requirements.
Marine Engineering Qualifications
- Marine Engineering - C&G 2463-03 Level 3 Technical Certificate in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance. Electrical and Engineering Evening Course (2 years): This 1 evening per week course will further your skills and knowledge in Marine Electrical Installation & Maintenance, and is aimed at candidates with some previous experience or knowledge in marine, and/or an electrical discipline. You will be working in a classroom and workshop environment where your duties will encompass many areas of work such as installation and identification of equipment, materials and components and the principles that govern the electrical supply systems installed and used on small to medium leisure craft.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma (90 Credit) / Extended Diploma in Marine Engineering (2 years, full-time): This course is designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in the manufacturing sector. It will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to help you prepare for employment or higher education. After completing the course participants can progress on to full-time higher education for a degree or HND, or seek a technician apprenticeship in the engineering industry with opportunities for further part-time study.
- Marine Engineering - C&G 2463-02 Level 2 Certificate in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance Evening course (1 year): This one evening a week, Level 2 marine engineering certificate is designed for candidates in the marine industry looking to gain or improve their qualifications. The course will also be a great starting point for anyone wanting to train as a marine engineer. You will be working in a classroom and workshop environment where your studies will encompass areas of work such as the identification and maintenance of marine engines and propulsion systems. The course is tailored towards the servicing and maintenance of pleasure boats and yachts.
- Marine Engineering Level 1 (City & Guilds 2850) Technical Certificate (1 year, full-time): Level 1 in marine engineering is designed for candidates looking for a career in the marine industry. The course will also be a great starting point for anyone wanting a marine engineering apprenticeship or to move on to the full time level 2 certificate. You will be working in a classroom and workshop environment where your duties will encompass many areas of work such as the identification and maintenance of marine systems. The course is tailored towards the servicing and maintenance of pleasure boats and yachts.
- Marine Engineering Level 2 BTEC First Certificate (36 weeks, full-time): The BTEC Level 2 certificate will provide you with essential skills in engineering materials, Health and Safety, electrical and mechanical science and the all-important engineering mathematics.
- Engineering, Marine & Motor Vehicle Level 1 Routes Program (1 year, full-time): One half of the course is dedicated to giving the learner an introduction to working on vehicles and the second half will introduce the learner to Mechanical and Marine Engineering practices. This course is designed to enable the student to have time available to study and improve their English and Maths.
Marine Engineering Apprenticeships
- Marine Engineering - Advanced Apprenticeship (Marine Engines and Propulsion Systems Pathway) (36 weeks): An Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering will develop your employability skills and give you valuable experience in Marine Engineering and related activities. You will be working in a workshop environment where your duties could encompass many areas of work such as repair and maintenance of inboard and outboard engines, assembly and installation, hydraulics and propulsion systems. You will work towards NVQ Level 2, Diploma in Marine Engineering and, City & Guilds Level 2 in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance qualifications.
- Gas ACS - LPG Boats Assessment - Initial (4 hours)
- Gas ACS - LPG Boats Assessment - Renewal (3 hours)
- An assessment of the individual’s competence in gas safety related areas, specifically installation, exchange, disconnection, service, repair and commission of marine based LPG appliances and equipment. This course is to test the knowledge and skills of gas operatives in accordance with the health and safety legislation and conformity with the European Standard.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 19, 2017