Translate to Your Language
Business & Apprenticeship Courses, STCW and Other Maritime Short Courses at Liverpool
Located at Liverpool, Port Academy Liverpool of Hugh Baird College offers port operations courses that allow the learners to forge careers in this well paid sector. This £2.5m maritime training academy delivers skills and training for the Liverpool City Region and beyond and situated within the historic docklands of Bootle and a stone’s throw from the Port of Liverpool. Port Academy Liverpool provides a range of courses and enrichment opportunities from 14 years and up supporting roles connected to the maritime supply chain.
Hugh Baird College is one of the largest providers of education and training in the Liverpool area, delivering over 300 courses to more than 5,000 students. The college offers courses ranging from Entry Level to Level 3, Apprenticeships and University level courses, Foundation Degrees and Degrees. The courses at the University Centre are validated by prestigious North West universities such as University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) or Liverpool John Moores University.
Education & Training Programs
- Port Freight Management - Level 2 (1 year): This course is appropriate for those who have achieved at Level 1 within the same suite of qualifications or wish to undertake a career in freight management. This course will provide you with a detailed understanding of daily operations within the freight forwarding industry.
- Business and Logistics - Level 2 (1 year): This qualification has been developed at the request of employers within the logistics sector as a means of attracting and developing employees in the logistics business, including customer service, developing team working and working relationships, driving goods, vehicles traffic office and warehousing.
- Port Freight Management - Level 3 (1 year): This course is appropriate for those who wish to undertake a career in freight management. It is also ideal for those wanting to develop their knowledge of ports and freight forwarding in order to advance into a management role.
- Other Programs: Maritime apprenticeships (announced from time to time)
STCW & Short Courses
- Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Updating
- Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Crowd Management
- Maritime Security Operative (MSO)
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Proficiency in Medical Care
- Proficiency in Medical Care Updating
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
- Ship Security Officer (SSO)
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- STCW Basic Safety Updating Training