Translate to Your Language
Deckhand Apprenticeships and STCW & MCA Approved Maritime Training in Whitby, UK
Located at Whitby, North Yorkshire - UK, 54 North Maritime Training is a leading specialist provider of training courses across maritime, security, fire and medical disciplines. 54 North Maritime has its training facilities in Whitby, North Yorkshire the workplace orientated courses are delivered at client’s premises by arrangement.
54 North Maritime training centre is accredited to Royal Yachting Association (RYA) and Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) courses. From Fire Marshall Training for workplace environments, to MCA approved Fire Fighting, the training centre provides the essential skills and knowledge to prevent fire incidents and to safely utilize specialist equipment to control and extinguish fires.
- Deckhand Apprenticeships: Apprenticeships provide training and development for young people aged 16 - 24 years, who wish to enter the workboat industry and aimed at those newly entering the workboat industry and aspiring to become a deckhand. The Apprenticeship will lead to Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies (Workboat pathway), Functional Skills Level 1 or Level 2, Basic STCW Certificates, VHF Radio Operators Certificate and where possible, several other extra-curricular courses such as Vessel Stability, Diesel Engine Maintenance etc. The apprentice will be paid by their employer under the terms of their Contract of Employment.
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques Update
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Advanced Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Update Training
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness
- STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- MCA Approved Engine Course (30 hour) - Part 1
- MCA Approved Engine Course (40 hour) - Part 2
- Other Courses
- Offshore Renewable Energy STCW Courses
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 5, 2018