Translate to Your Language
Customs Procedures, Dangerous Goods, Security, Import/Export and International Trade Procedures Courses in UK
Based in London, the British International Freight Association (BIFA) is the trade association for UK-registered companies engaged in international movement of freight by all modes of transport, air, road, rail and sea. BIFA has around 1500 companies in the logistics and supply chain management sector, who offer a wide range of services within these various modes.
Members of BIFA are organizations engaged in the movement of freight to/from the UK by all modes of transport: air, road, sea and rail. Some members are also involved in providing customs clearance and other cross border controls.
BIFA provides industry training not only to members, but also to international traders. Courses are run throughout the year in various locations in UK. The subjects covered include customs procedures, dangerous goods, security, import/export and international trade procedures.
Professional Development Training
Freight Forwarding Courses
- BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Multimodal International Freight Procedures (4-6 weeks): This course is designed for anyone involved in any part of the freight process -forwarders, integrators, intermediaries, agents, shippers, carriers and operators in all modes, importers, exporters, distributors and logisticians. This is a nationally recognized qualification which is accredited by Edexcel at BTEC Level 2. Successful candidates receive two certificates, one from Edexcel and one from BIFA. The course encompasses five days attendance, spread equally over the period, including work-based assignments and projects.
- Introduction to Export and Import
- Exports for Beginners
- Imports for Beginners
- Sea Freight - The Basics
- Understanding Letters Of Credit
Customs Procedures Courses
- BTEC Intermediate Award in Customs Export and Import Procedures (4-6 weeks): This is a Diploma originally developed by BIFA with HM Customs & Excise in line with their long-term freight policy and accredited by BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council). The course encompasses five days attendance, spread equally over the period, including work-based assignments and projects.
- Customs Import Entry and Procedures (5 days): A five-day course this is a an intermediate level course concentrating on procedures for import Customs entry and regimes including: Customs and the Customs tariff; the C88 and documentation; Duty / VAT calculation and payment; Customs regimes and controls; entry completion; Customs procedures and reporting.
- Customs Procedures for Export Cargo
- Customs Procedures for Import Cargo
Dangerous Goods Courses
- Dangerous Goods by Sea
- Carriage of Lithium Batteries by Sea
- Carriage of Lithium Batteries by Road & Sea
- Carriage of Lithium Batteries - All Modes
- Hazardous Goods Awareness
- Carriage of Excepted & Limited Quantities by Sea
- Carriage of Excepted & Limited Quantities by Road & Sea
- Carriage of Excepted & Limited Quantities - All Modes
- Multimodal Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Air Cargo Courses
- Training Videos