Translate to Your Language
Marine and Offshore High Voltage Courses Approved by IMCA, EAL & Department of Merchant Shipping Cyprus and UK MCA including STCW
Located at Redcar in North East England, The Faraday Training Group is an international training provider of comprehensive electrical power training, offering students an effective combination of theoretical understanding and practical learning using real life industrial equipment. The center specializes in the provision of Electrical Safety Training and the courses are continuously developed to meet with changing legislation and requirements expected from engineers worldwide.
The Faraday Centre is a recognized EAL assessment centre, Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved centre, IMCA member (International Marine Contractors Association), member of ECA (Electrical Contractors Association), ISO 9001 annd 14001 registered company, a member of RoSPA, British Standards Institution (BSI) and accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges).
Thomas-Faraday Training (Cyprus) located at Limassol specializes in the provision of Electrical Safety Training. The training programs are provided at the purpose-designed facilities, which are fully equipped with a wide range of operational high/low voltage electrical training equipment. The programs are accredited/certified by EAL, The Department of Merchant Shipping Cyprus & MCA.
MCA Approved STCW Courses
- High Voltage Training Operational Level (1 day): This course is a one day course, approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) to operate high voltage systems in accordance with the knowledge, understanding and proficiencies for high voltage installations set out in tables A-III/1 (part) of the STCW Convention.
- High Voltage Training Management Level (5 days): This course is approved by the MCA in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers regulations III/2 and III/3 (Management Level) ref MSN 1861 (M) UK. The course also meets the requirements of the MNTB Shipboard High Voltage Training guidelines and is aimed at Marine Engineering Officers who may be expected to supervise and/or implement on-board HV switching operations as an authorized person.
Faraday Group Certification Courses
- Introduction to the Safe Operation of Marine & Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Limited High Voltage Authorization) (3 days): This is an introductory training program that requires a basic level of electrical knowledge. Upon successful completion of the course, and subject to client approval, delegates will be able to enter marine/offshore high voltage switch rooms and perform limited switching operations on high voltage equipment. Delegates will be assessed to a competency level suitable for an authorized person (AP) issuing documents for work on single end circuits only.
- Introduction to the Safe Operation of Marine ROV Power Systems (1 day): Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to enter the electrical compartments of ROV (Remote Operated Vehicles) systems to carry out service operations. The course will provide delegates with information about the safety procedures required to ensure that the high voltage systems are isolated, proved dead and earthed.
- The Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorization) (5 days): The course aims to improve the understanding of marine/offshore high and low voltage power systems including statutory regulations, safe operation, protection and fault diagnosis on a wide range of power equipment. As well as enabling delegates to perform HV switching operations on HV networks up to and including 15kV, and to prepare them for HV authorization in accordance with their companies’ safety rules/regulations.
- Principles of the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (5 days): This course has been developed to meet requirements of the safe operation of high voltage systems in marine/offshore applications (HV systems not control systems). This course is more advanced than the MAR4/OS4 course and includes a broader technical emphasis with fewer practical switching operations.
- The Control & Management of Offshore/Marine High Voltage Systems During Power Failure & Emergency Conditions (5 days): This course is designed for delegates involved in the management and operation of marine/offshore high voltage power systems, requiring an understanding of the principles of power generation and high voltage distribution systems up to and including 15kV, and how to safely control and manage abnormal situations such as power failures and emergencies. The course also gives delegates an awareness of the safe operation of high voltage systems.
- Refresher in the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorization) (3 days): The course aims to provide refresher training to senior authorized personnel with a responsibility for carrying out high voltage switching duties and the issue of safety documents associated with such work.
IMCA Approved Marine Electrical Courses
- Introduction to Marine Electrical Safety (Stage 1) (3 days): This course is designed in line with I.M.C.A (International Marine Contractors Association) syllabus and is accredited by The Faraday Training Group.
- Marine Power Generation & Distribution including DP (Stage 2) (5 days): This course is designed in line with I.M.C.A (International Marine Contractors Association) syllabus and is accredited by Faraday.
- Audit/Assessor Training for Marine Electricians & Engineers (Stage 3) (2 days): This course is designed in line with the I.M.C.A (International Marine Contractors Association) syllabus and is accredited by Faraday.
Cyprus Approved STCW Courses
- High Voltage Power Training (Sec.A-III/1,Sec.A-III/2) (5 days): This course is approved by the Cyprus Department of Merchant Shipping in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW’78 (Manila amendments 2010) for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers. The course is aimed at Marine Engineering Officers who may be expected to supervise and/or implement on-board HV switching operations as an authorized person.