Translate to Your Language
MCA and STCW Maritime Safety and Security Training in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Headquartered at Wallsend in Newcastle upon Tyne UK, Graspan Frankton provides various services in Integrated Security Systems, Executive & Asset Protection Services, Investigation and Surveillance Solutions, and security training solutions in UK and abroad. The international training and operations portfolio provides locally managed solutions with dependable professional networks.
The services are delivered through a wide range of internationally recognized training programs and risk consultancy and mitigation services. Graspan Frankton works along with UK's leading industry training and service providers and has highest possible accreditation for its training courses. The training portfolio will engage clients from private and commercial sectors giving them the highest standards of learning value possible with real time operational benefits taught by field experts.
Besides security training, Graspan Frankton has a portfolio of Health & Safety Training, Medical Training, and Professional Development. The company also provides maritime and STCW courses and training programs.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (0.5 day): Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) STCW A-VI/1-4 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR).
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (6 hours): Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) STCW A-VI/6-1 Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA).
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (1.5 days): The MCA PDSD course follows the ISPS Code, which is a comprehensive set of maritime security measures to enhance the safety and security of ships and port facilities.
- Maritime Security Operative Course (4 days): The City and Guilds MSO (Maritime Security Operatives) course has been developed to follow the International Maritime Organization’s guidance for Private Contracted Armed Security Personnel, the ISO PAS 28007 maritime quality standard and achieved accreditation to a National level 3 award.
- Fast Track Maritime Security Operative Course (2 days): Upon completion of this course the MSO will be able to demonstrate and apply a practical working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of an MSO within an MSO team.
- STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training (5 Modules, 6 days): This course is a legal requirement to have if you are to be employed or engaged, in any capacity, on board a ship and signed on as part of the ship’s crew/business and have designated security or safety duties.
- STCW 2010 Update Training (2 Modules, 1.5 days): Covering all aspects of general safety on board and providing you with the safety knowledge and skills to confidently embark and operate on merchant vessels the course include 2 modules - Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO, 3 days): The Graspan Frankton's PFSO Course is a Department For Transport Approved training program that follows the framework of the ISPS Code.
- Ship Security Officer (3 days): MCA SSO course follows the ISPS Code, which is a comprehensive set of maritime security measures to enhance the safety and security of maritime assets. This course covers the ISPS code extensively including the new Chapter Special Measures for enhanced Maritime Security.
LAST UPDATED ON July 27, 2018