Translate to Your Language
MCA and Nautical Institute Approved Maritime & Offshore Courses and, Logistics & Port Courses in Immingham, UK
Established in 2017 and based in Immingham, North East Lincolnshire in the heart of the UK’s largest port network, Modal Training provides Maritime & Offshore, Health and Safety, Logistics & Port, and Leadership & Business Skills Courses. The training facilities are designed for this by manipulating the simulators to fit individual training needs and majority of the course is practical on the simulators, allowing hands on experience in a safe environment.
Many of the Dynamic Positioning courses are approved by The Nautical Institute which is part of the DP Scheme, in which you will receive a Dynamic Positioning Operator certificate. Modal Training is also MCA approved for HELM courses. Modal Training uses Kongsberg simulators in maritime, offshore, ports and logistics sectors which replicates real world working environments.
Modal Training facilities are suitable for training Maritime and Offshore crews and specialists, LGV drivers, crane operatives, freight forwarding, warehousing staff and engineering and technical specialists. Modal Training caters for experienced employees and those who are new to their sector, providing a range of courses and training techniques to gain the skills, knowledge and qualifications to work in their respective fields.
Maritime & Offshore Courses
- MCA approved HELM O (3 days): This is the operational level to the human element, leadership and management course; trainees will gain the knowledge of awareness and understanding of human factors influencing resource management.
- MCA approved HELM M (5 days): This is the management level to the human element, leadership and management course, trainees will gain the knowledge and skills to manage and lead crew on board effectively which is required for this level.
- NI approved Dynamic Positioning (DP) Induction (4 days): The Dynamic Positioning Induction course (formally known as DP Basic) is the first phase in obtaining a Nautical Institute DP Operators Certificate.
- Dynamic Positioning (DP) Appreciation (2 days): Trainees will learn the basic principles of Dynamic Positioning (DP) and the advantages and limitations that DP control of vessels offers.
- Dynamic Positioning (DP) Awareness (4 days): The DP Awareness course is an unaccredited course, designed to give participants an understanding of the basic principles of Dynamic Positioning, it’s advantages, limitations and common failure modes.
- NI approved Dynamic Positioning (DP) Simulator (4 days): The DP Simulator course (formally known as DP Advanced) is the third phase in obtaining a Nautical Institute DP Operators Certificate.
- Dynamic Positioning (DP) Refresher (3 days): The DP Refresher course is for qualified and trained DP Operators who wish to refresh their skills in responding to a wide variety of DP failures.
- NI approved Dynamic Positioning (DP) Sea Time Reduction (STR) (5 days): The DP Sea Time Reduction (STR) course allows candidates to reduce the amount of sea time required from 60 days to 30 days.
- NI approved Dynamic Positioning (DP) Revalidation (5 days): The DP Revalidation course is designed for those who hold an NI DPO certificate, but who have failed to gain the required sea time to revalidate it.
- Ship Handling - Azimuthing Thrusters (2 days): This course is ideal for those who have on-board ship handling duties (ship’s officers and pilots) who have little or no experience of handling vessels with ACDs as main propulsion.
- K-Pos Familiarization (2.5 days): To update participants on the principles of Dynamic Positioning, DP operations, DP watch keeping “best practice” and DP emergencies.
- 1-day Human Element and ECDIS familiarization: Familiarizing delegates with the human element in shipping, the terminology used and the requirements and limitations of the use of ECDIS.
Logistics & Port Courses
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Warehousing and Storage (Level 2) (8 weeks - Distance Learning): This is a free course. The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Warehousing and Storage qualification is ideal for learners who want to enter and/or progress from entry roles in the Warehousing and Storage industries.
- Award in understanding European and International Freight Forwarding
- Certificate in understanding European and International Freight Forwarding
- Diploma in understanding Freight Forwarding
- Certificate in Working in Freight Forwarding Logistics (Level 3)
- Certificate in Management of Freight Forwarding Logistics (Level 4)
- Diploma in Management of Freight Forwarding Logistics
LAST UPDATED ON July 17, 2018