Translate to Your Language
Maritime Environmental, Security, Marine Casualty, and Other Training Programs in Europe & Middle East
Established in 1974, MUSC is a training consultancy company based in London and provides training programs for the maritime industry in Marine Safety and security. MUSC specialize in providing maritime risk services and experts in maritime, border and cargo security. MUSC is also accredited consultants to Lloyd’s of London (Insurance). The company is also consulted by the IMO when developing the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and the associated IMO model courses.
MUSC has trained over 12,000 people worldwide and has been the preferred training provider for numerous Governments, Classification Societies, shipping and multinational oil & gas companies, port operators and many law enforcement agencies. The courses are delivered by some of the industry’s leading consultants who are still active in the field and have extensive experience of current legislation and best practices relevant to the maritime sector.
Maritime Security Courses
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO): The aim of this course is to familiarize delegates with all aspects of the International Ship & Port Facility Code and best practices in implementing security within a Port Facility.
- Company Security Officer (CSO): This UK Maritime MCA approved training program provides Company Security Officers and managers with the knowledge and skills to carry out duties as a designated Company Security Officer (CSO).
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD): This UK MCA approved training program provides ship’s personnel with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties).
- Ship Security Officer (SSO): his UK MCA accredited training program provides ship’s officers with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties as a designated Ship Security Officer (SSO).
- ISPS Awareness: This course provides all port facility personnel with knowledge of security related matters as required in the ISPS (International Ship & Port Facility Security) Code.
- Port Personnel ISPS Awareness: This course provides all port facility personnel with knowledge of security related matters as required in the ISPS (International Ship & Port Facility Security) Code.
- Port Security Officer (EU Ports): This training programme provides security officers with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties as designated Port Security Officers in accordance with EU Regulation 725/2004, EU Directive 65/2005 and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Maritime Security Officer: This course informs both new and existing Maritime Security Officers (MSO) of their duties and responsibilities in their role.
- ISM Awareness: The aim of this course is to familiarize personnel with the basics of ISM.
- MARPOL Awareness: The aim of this course is to familiarize delegates with the requirements of the MARPOL convention and associated best practices.
- Port State Control Awareness: The aim of this course is to assist personnel to conduct ship audits with a view to minimizing deficiencies, detentions and costly delays to vessels due to port State control inspections.
Environment Related Courses
- Ballast Water Management: This aim of this course is to provide industry professionals with an understanding of the requirements of Ballast Water Management.
- Environmental Management Awareness: This course familiarizes managers with the legislation and best practice associated with managing the environment.
Other Maritime Courses
- Marine Casualty Investigation Awareness: This course familiarizes delegates with the principles and methodology involved in investigating a marine casualty.
- Crime Scene Management and Preservation: The course helps to understand and apply best practice when investigating a crime scene on board a vessel.
- Counter Piracy Courses: Bespoke counter piracy training courses for flag states.