Translate to Your Language
IMarEST and ICM Accredited CPD Programs for the Maritime Industry
Located at London UK, NORWEST INTERACTION (NI) is a provider of training and consultancy to Business and the Maritime Industry. NI has developed a wide range of specialist training courses, many of which are delivered in association with premiere UK maritime training establishments. Norwest Interaction also exercise specialist knowledge in the international arena where, in addition to carrying out training activities, NI acts as consultants dealing with a range of legal, commercial and maritime issues.
NI’s research into marine hydrodynamics is carried out by consultants who are Chartered Marine Technologists, Registered Engineers and Marine Technicians. The research findings have been peer reviewed by both academia and professional institutions and has been successfully applied in explaining shipping incidents.
Accreditations include the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) and Institute of Commercial management (ICM).
- Short Course in Maritime Operations (2 days): This course is designed to assist personnel by conveying specialized experience that ensures an adequate, and practical, understanding of industry relevant operations and codes.
- Managing Operations of Coastal Work Vessels (2 days): This course has several objectives, including: enhancement of navigational watch keeping ability; instruction on proper and effective use of navigational equipment; effective management of onboard safety and; introduction to the legal / business aspects of marine craft.
- Pilotage Law and the law for Pilots (1 day): he course begins by examining the status of the Pilot and considers who he actually works for whilst conducting the act of Pilotage. Further topics, depending upon course length and specific requirement include - Workplace legislation - including supra-national legal influences, The law of the sea, Port Marine Safety codes, Health and safety at work legislation, Marine incidents and the legal precedents that derive from them, Recent legal development affecting the Pilot (i.e. Cosco Busan decisions), and Rules of evidence, court conduct and preparation for court appearances.
- Leadership - Culture and Attitudes (1 day): This course supplements Leadership for Safety course. It examines how organizational culture impacts upon safety culture and underpins both the attitude towards, and the implementation of, the safety ethos within an organization.
- Leadership for Safety (1-2 days): The course is aimed at every level of management, and is likely to benefit all personnel who aspire to command or manage, or who will be required to integrate and direct personnel during the course of their work.
- Principles of Ship Handling (1-2 days): This course aims to examine the underlying capabilities of ships, their operational design parameters and the different equipment available to the ship handler, and examines both the limitations of that equipment and how it might be most practically used for maximum benefit. The course is, very much, about pre-planning for safety, about understanding a ships capabilities and considering what the options are available before maneuvering is even attempted.
- Ship to Shore - Conversion course (2 days): This is a two day course geared towards familiarization, legislation, operation and safety aspects of boiler operation that will be needed when converting to, and working in, shore based installations.
- Boat/Mooring Men - Safety and Essential Knowledge Training (2 days): This course will enhance and consolidate the safety function, essential knowledge and practical training of Boat / Mooring men, lock operators and other essential berth personnel. The course is also a useful supplement to the training of ship crews, harbor operations and mooring station personnel.
- Hydrodynamics and Interaction -Advanced Course (2 days): Students undertaking this course are assumed to already possess significant experience of ship handling in confined waterways. The course is aimed at consolidating and refining the ship handling knowledge of experienced marine personnel. The course aims to instill an appreciation of the factors to be considered when encountering extreme close quarter’s situations.
- Hydrodynamics and Interaction - Intermediate Course (2 days): The intermediate course is designed to refresh, supplement and consolidate pre-existing knowledge and experience so that the individual gains a deeper appreciation of what is happening when operationally encountering hydrodynamic forces. The course begins to examine how interactive forces can be actively used, rather than avoided, for operational effect.
- Hydrodynamics and Interaction -Introductory Course (1 day): The aim of the course is to give the student mariner, legal professionals, office personnel and other maritime associated personnel a basic grasp of this essential area of vessel dynamics and safety. Understanding of these basic principles is essential for students who wish to undertake more advanced training.
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 14, 2018