Translate to Your Language
Maritime Studies SQA Apprenticeships and MCA, STCW & RYA Marine Training Programs in Isle of Wight
Located at Isle of Wight - UK, Red Ensign Maritime Training is a highly accredited career training organization specializing in the commercial maritime sector. Red Ensign offers UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved courses including the internationally recognized STCW training together with Apprenticeship Maritime Studies qualifications from SQA.
Depending on the course, Red Ensign provide course notes, industry leaflets, maritime notices, or a specific publication to aid students for faster learning process. The training facility is on a single waterfront site. Red Ensign also offers other maritime courses from Edexcel and the RYA that complement these core qualifications.
The SQA Maritime Studies Qualification qualifies for apprenticeship funding from the Government (depending on the apprentice’s age). Diplomas in Maritime studies have been developed by the Maritime Skills Alliance (MSA). They are suitable for people who are working, or intending to work, in the Maritime sector including: merchant navy, tugs, sea fishing, inland waterways, rivers and limited distances to sea, to develop their skills and knowledge as ratings, crew members or deck hands.
Maritime Studies Apprenticeships
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies - Rivers, Inland Waterways and Limited Distances to Sea (Work based - 12 months): This qualification develops a range of important knowledge and skills linked to maritime health, safety and security, including how to deal with an emergency.
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies - Workboat (Work based - 12 months): The qualification develops knowledge and skills in areas such as health, safety and emergency situations, and operational aspects of getting a workboat ready for use including basic navigation.
- Level 2 Diploma - Marine Vessel Maintenance (Engineering): The purpose of this qualification is to provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to enable you to safely and efficiently maintain and repair the equipment fitted to Merchant Vessels.
- Level 2 Diploma - Able Seafarer (Engine Room) (Work based - 12 months): The qualification is for who work, or would like to work, as members of the engineering department on board ships and vessels of different types and sizes.
- Level 2 Certificate in Maritime Studies - Able Seafarer (Deck): In addition to providing a maritime sector overview, this qualification develops important knowledge and skills in areas such as vessel ropework, anchoring and mooring operations, securing a vessel for passage, vessel construction and stability, and control operation of survival craft and rescue boats.
- Level 2 Certificate in Maritime Studies - Engine Room Rating (Work based - 12 months): The qualification is suitable for people who are working or intending to work in the Maritime Sector, to develop their skills and knowledge as ratings.
- Level 3 Diploma in Maritime Studies -Officer of the Watch on Merchant Vessels of Less Than 3,000 Gross Tonnage (Near Coastal) (Work based - 12 months): Learners will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as: assisting on the bridge with navigation; watch keeping; steering to a course; anchoring, mooring and securing operations; working safely and environmentally responsibly; and responding to emergencies.
- Level 3 Diploma in Maritime Studies - Officer of the Watch on Merchant Vessels of Less Than 500 Gross Tonnage (Near Coastal) (Work based - 12 months): will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as - assisting with bridge watch-keeping duties, steering and maintaining course, mooring, anchoring and securing operations, and following safe and environmentally friendly working practices. It is particularly appropriate to able seafarer and tug rating jobs.
Short Maritime Training (MCA / STCW / RYA)
- GMDSS General Operator's Certificate (GOC)
- IHCD First Person on Scene (Intermediate) / FPOS
- MCA Approved Engine Course (AEC)
- MCA Approved Entry Into Enclosed Spaces
- MCA Approved Shipboard Safety Officer
- MCA/MNTB Small Ships Navigation & Radar
- Red Ensign Basic Navigation and Chartwork
- ROV Long Course
- ROV Short Course
- RYA Basic First Aid
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Radar Course
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA VHF (SRC) Radio Course - 1 Day Classroom Course & Assessment
- RYA VHF (SRC) Radio Course - Online Course
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting - Refresher Training
- STCW Basic Refresher Training
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week
- STCW Crisis Management and Human Behaviour
- STCW Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
- STCW Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
- STCW Electronic Chart Display And Information System (ECDIS) - MARIS 900 - 1 day
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fast Rescue Boat (FRB) Training
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting - Refresher Training
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques - Refresher Training
- STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- STCW Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats - Refresher Training
- STCW Proficiency in Medical Care
- STCW Proficiency in Medical First Aid
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat - Refresher Training
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- STCW Refresher Training - 4 days
- STCW Refresher Training - 5 days
- STCW Ship Security Officer
- Superyacht Crew Training Package
- Train the Trainer
- Vessel Stability Course
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 12, 2017