Pick Your Language (Translate)
MCA Approved STCW Maritime and Port Security Training Programs & Superyacht Security Courses for Seafarers Online
Located at Greater Manchester UK, Virtual Training Centre (VTC) specializes in the delivery of regulatory, bespoke and accredited online courses to business to business and business to customer worldwide. VTC is a a Government-level Awarding Body Approved Company, offering a wide range of accredited and bespoke online training to our customers worldwide. The informative, internationally-recognized online courses have proved highly effective in removing associated travel and accommodation costs as there is no need to attend a test centre.
VTC is a UK DfT Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Approved Centre and the courses meet with all the required learning outcomes and objectives under the Merchant Navy Training Board's Knowledge, Understanding & Proficiency (KUP) as well as STCW 2010. Virtual Training Centre also provides CPD-Accredited, Online Test for Seafarers & Deck Officers, and the Online Test of Maritime English for Cruise Ship Staff. Both tests are 100% online and meet with the requirements of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Online Maritime Security Courses
- An Introduction to Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Course (CPD Approved) (1.5 hours): This course is designed to give you an introduction to HAZMAT and each section will end with a quiz - to test your understanding.
- Port Security Awareness Training for Non-Security Personnel (1.5 hours): The course is aimed at anyone working in or frequenting a port facility often to provide them with an understanding of the basic security knowledge that they should possess and implement on a day-to-day basis.
- MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency as Ship Security Officer Course: This course covers all the required subjects as instructed by the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) and is key to ensuring that those persons performing the role of the Ship Security Officer fully understand their duties and responsibilities. This is according to STCW regulation VI/5, paragraph 1 and section A-VI/5, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
- MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness Course: STCW regulation VI/6, paragraph 1 and section A-VI/6, paragraphs 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
- MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Course: Regulation VI/6, paragraph 4 and Section A-VI/6, paragraphs 6 to 8 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and incorporates Proficiency in Security Awareness laid down in Regulation VI/6 and Section A-VI/6 of the STCW Convention and Code.
- Online SuperYacht General Security Training (1.5 hours): Complementing the Online MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness Course, the SuperYacht Security Awareness course is tailored towards the SuperYacht Sector and learners will receive related instruction on key aspects of maintaining security awareness as well as understanding the expected requirements placed upon them as members of the crew, regardless of whether they have designated security duties on board or not.
Online Maritime English Tests
- Online Test of Maritime English for Seafarers & Deck Officers (CPD Approved): The test designed to assist ship operators and employers make informed recruiting and training decisions by assessing the English language understanding and skills of existing or potential crew or Deck Officers. The assessment is suitable for candidates of any rank or nationality.
- Online Test of Maritime English for Cruise Ship Staff (CPD Approved): The test for Cruise Ship Staff is an English test designed to assist cruise ship operators and employers make recruiting and training decisions by assessing the English language understanding and skills of existing or potential cruise ship employees. The assessment is suitable for candidates of any role, rank or nationality.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 4, 2019