Maritime Law, Maritime Operations, Shipping Trade & Finance, and, Supply Chain Management Education
City University of London is a public research university located in the heart of London, UK. It was founded in 1894 as the Northampton Institute and became a university in 1966. City has its main campus in the Islington area of Central London, minutes away from the Square Mile - London's world-famous financial district - and the headquarters of financial and professional institutions, major arts complexes and media offices, teaching hospitals and specialist medical research centers.
City has over 100 years of research experience and has been consistently highly ranked for its graduate employability and salaries. It had a total income of £178.5 million in 2009/10, of which £8 million was from research grants and contracts. The University is ranked among the top five per cent of universities in the world (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2010/11), ranked 10th in the UK for graduate employability (The Times University Guide 2011) and ranked 10th for graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times University Guide 2011).
An integral part of City University London, Sir John Cass Business School is among the global elite of business schools. Cass is consistently ranked amongst the best business schools and programs in the world which, coupled with an established 40-year reputation for excellence in research and business education, enables us to attract some of the best academics, students and businesses worldwide into the exclusive Cass network. Financial Times rates the Sir John Cass Business School among the top three business schools in the UK and places the Executive MBA 10th in its worldwide rankings.
- LLM in Maritime Law (The City Law School - Full-time 1 year, Part-time, 2 years): The LLM in International Commercial Law is a flexible high level masters program. The program provides you with the opportunity to obtain a much deeper understanding of cutting edge international commercial law in a wide range of subjects. In addition to providing real depth of international commercial law scholarship the program provides real world insights and strong practitioner contact. You can gain a subject LLM in a maritime law area by taking four courses and a dissertation in Maritime Law.
- LLM in Maritime Law (Greece): The LLM in Maritime Law is an academically demanding and extremely satisfying course for anyone working in shipping law. The course gives you a detailed understanding of maritime law allowing you to build on your existing knowledge and enhance your career prospects. Delivered in the exceptional Laskaridou Library of Piraeus, Athens, Greece the course is taught in English in weekend blocks by experienced British academics and legal practitioners.
- MSc in Maritime Operations and Management (School of Engineering): This course is designed for existing professionals serving both at sea and onshore, and those looking for a career within the maritime and sea transport industries. If you are within the industry, you are likely to already have a responsible sea-going or middle-management position. Alternatively if you are a new entrant, then you are likely to have attained a first degree in a related technical or management subject. Students will gain a good understanding of maritime operations, management, marine law, accountancy and technology and the related business environment in which they work. The course will also provide technical knowledge of selected aspects of ship design and operation and/or related maritime land-based or offshore structures, sub-sea engineering/mining, environment, marketing, security, risk management and port operations. The course is supported by the Honourable Company of Master Mariners and recognised by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology as satisfying the academic requirements to become a Chartered Marine Technologist (C.Mar.Tech).
- MSc in Maritime Operations and Management (Greece): This course is designed for existing professionals serving both at sea and onshore and those looking to embark on a career within the maritime and sea transport industries. The course is held in Piraeus and is primarily structured to accommodate the needs of students resident in Greece and as such they will need to have satisfied the relevant residency regulations.
- MSc in Shipping, Trade & Finance and Energy, Trade & Finance (Cass Business School - 12 months full-time): These Msc programs at Cass Business School programs are offered through the Costas Grammenos International Center for Shipping, Trade and Finance. The MSc programs offered by the Center reflect the Cass philosophy: advanced, technically challenging programs that incorporate applied, real-world scenarios. Students make presentations to lecturers, visitors from the City and other members of the class. This provides you with invaluable practice in using, applying and expressing complex subject matter clearly and concisely to a business audience. Group work, on the preparation of case studies and a business plan, consolidates the acquired knowledge and also builds the soft skills essential to any future career.
- MSc in Global Supply Chain Management (12 months full-time): The program is designed to provide 360 defgree perspectives of global supply chains, help assess various potential supply chain risks and provide both strategic and analytical tools to mitigate these risks, based on the most recent academic research and innovative current business practices.
City University Features
One third of the University’s academic activity is business related, including the world-class Cass Business School. Another third is health, including nursing, optometry and food policy. The final third includes IT, maths, engineering, law, social sciences and creative and cultural subjects. City has close contacts with multinational companies and leading London firms. City University London prides itself on its international outlook. Nearly a third of students come from outside the UK, drawn from 156 countries, while teaching staff bring their experience from over 40 countries.
- Campus: City University London is located in the heart of London, UK. Its main campus is in Clerkenwell which lies between Islington and the edge of the City of London and St Paul's Cathedral.
- Accreditation: City University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Cass Business School has triple accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Learning Development Center: The Learning Development Centre supports a range of learning technologies to ensure you have the best possible learning experience like E - Learning environment, Personal development planning and Support.
- Career & Skills Development Service: The Career and Skills Development Service provide Individual careers advice - Receive professional one-to-one support related to interviews, job searching techniques and career options; Access to a comprehensive range of career resources - Discover resources online and in the Careers Library; City Job Vacancy Board - View part-time, placement and graduate jobs online; Careers events - Attend events, including fairs and employability skills workshops, that run all year on campus; Professional service for recruiters - Speak to experts about finding high calibre students to fill your job vacancies.
- Housing: Various halls of residence are available for undergraduate students and there is accommodation specifically for postgraduate students - self-catered facilities within easy travelling distance of the main University buildings.