Marine & Offshore, and Logistics & Supply Chain Masters Programs & Short Courses
Cranfield is a wholly postgraduate university in UK, specializing in science, technology and management and based on two campuses, with a research-oriented focus. From unique cabin evacuation research to finding life on Mars, from a frost blanket for racecourses to zero-emission cars, and from the next generation of anti-landmine devices to a new blood glucose monitor, Cranfield’s focus is squarely on the application of its research.
Cranfield has a global reputation for inspirational teaching and research, industrial-scale facilities and superior links with industry and commerce. From entrepreneurial performance and leadership, to supply chain management and corporate social responsibility, Cranfield is influencing management practice. The main campus is at Cranfield, Bedfordshire and its own operational airport which is used by Cranfield University's own aircraft in the course of aerospace teaching and research.
Canfield is the UK’s most business-engaged university. Cranfield School of Management, a world leader in management education and research, has been helping individuals and businesses learn and succeed by transforming knowledge into action. The School brings together a range of management disciplines through a significant portfolio of activities that includes research and consultancy, postgraduate masters and doctoral programs, executive development courses, customized programs and conferences.
The Cranfield University offer a wide range of offshore and Oil & Gas MSc courses and is a leading provider of professional development short courses. The short programs offer an invaluable way of keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments and strategies. The courses are delivered by subject specialists here at Cranfield and external practitioners.
Masters - Marine & Offshore Programs
- MSc* in Safety and Accident Investigation - Marine Transport (3 years, part-time): The course aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to conduct a marine accident investigation in accordance with the standards and recommended practices as required under the appropriate national and European legislation.
- MSc* in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Risk Management (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course focuses on the key techniques used in the offshore industry. It addresses both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and explains which techniques are appropriate to different applications.
- MSc* in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Materials Engineering (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course develops professional engineers with specialist knowledge of the selection, behavior and maintenance of a wide variety of complex materials used offshore.
- MSc* in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Renewable Energy (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course focuses on the technology and management issues of offshore renewable devices, with a strong background in the key technologies for offshore use.
- MSc* in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Subsea Engineering (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course addresses both the hardware that is used subsea, such as wellheads and separators, as well as important issues such as field layout, flow assurance and installation/maintenance.
- MSc* in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Pipeline Engineering (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course focuses on the skills required to understand the materials, installation and maintenance issues associated with this important infrastructure.
- MSc in Flow Assurance for Oil and Gas Production (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): The course is suitable for engineering and applied science graduates who wish to embark on successful careers in the oil and gas industry.
- MSc in Thermal Power - Gas Turbine Technology Option (1 year, full-time): This course is designed for those seeking a career in the design, development, operations and maintenance of power and propulsion systems.
*PgCert - Postgraduate Certificate (or Graduate Certificate) & PgDip - Postgraduate Diploma (Graduate Diploma) are also available
Masters - Logistics & Supply Chain Programs
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time): The course develops your knowledge and skills in logistics and teaches you how to apply them through: discussion of international case studies, visiting speaker events; a global supply chain simulation game, and the option to complete a company-based project. The program also places emphasis on personal and professional development.
- MSc in Procurement and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time): The course will develop your knowledge and skills in procurement and teaches you how to apply them through a number of specialist modules, an international study tour, visiting industry speakers and the option to complete a company-based project.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Executive - 2 years, part-time): The Executive MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been developed for experienced professionals who are looking to study whilst working in the field of logistics and supply chain management. This program offers you the opportunity to study for an internationally recognized master’s qualification while delivering real value to your organisation.
Marine & Offshore Short Courses
- Fundamentals of Accident Investigation (3 weeks): This practical course benefits from significant participation by members of the UK Air, Marine and Rail Accident Investigation Branches, and brings together the considerable expertise and experience of investigators, operators and researchers to deliver a level of training that is second to none.
- Applied Marine Accident Investigation (3 weeks): The Applied Marine Accident Investigation course concentrates on applying techniques to the specialised aspects of marine operations and types of accidents. The course includes a five day accident investigation simulation exercise where delegates can apply the new skills learned.
- Legal Skills for Accident Investigators (5 days): A course to help prepare transport accident investigators (air, rail, marine, defence) for giving legal evidence in court, being an expert witness and understanding courtroom procedures.
- Fluid Mechanics and Loading on Marine Structures (1 week): The aim of this course is to provide a theoretical and applied understanding of fluid mechanics and fluid loading on offshore and sub-sea structures.
- Offshore Renewable Energy - Technology (5 days): This module aims to provide the student with a knowledge and understanding of the technologies used in capturing renewable sources of energy from the marine environment.
- Testing and Routes to Certification (5 days): This course provides a theoretical, applied and experimental understanding of the main engineering fields involved in the design and the operation of hydrodynamic testing facilities and aerodynamic testing facilities.
- Gas Turbine Combustion (1 week): This course has been devised to provide appropriate instruction in theory, design and performance of combustion systems, aero and marine propulsion; energy and power generation; and oil, gas and process industries.
- Advanced Offshore Inspection and Evaluation (2 days): Provides an understanding of the underlying science and application of a variety of inspection techniques used on structures in the offshore environment.
- Offshore Inspection (5 days): The Offshore Inspection course aims to provide an understanding of contemporary and emerging technologies and methodologies for inspection and damage assessment of offshore energy structures.
Supply Chain Short Courses
- Building High Performance Supply Chains Program (3 days): In this program, the latest thinking and best practice from around the world is presented in a highly interactive format.
- Supply Chain Management Program (5 days): This program will show you the latest thinking in supply chain management and help you with the issues that occur in the current dynamic environment.
- Leading Procurement Strategy (3 days): For procurement directors and senior procurement managers, in both private and public sector organisations, who wish to excel in the latest strategic procurement practices and be ahead of the curve in procurement and supply management.