International Shipping and Finance Program at Henley Business School ICMA Centre, Reading, UK
Founded in 1926, the University of Reading is a public university located at Reading, Berkshire in UK. The university was originally founded in 1892 as an extension College of the University of Oxford and received the Royal Charter in 1926. Over the decades the university has become innovators and pioneers and was ranked within the top 200 universities worldwide -Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016/17 and QS World University Rankings 2018 - including 98% of the research is rated as being of international standing.
Founded in 1945, Henley Business School is one of the oldest business schools in the UK and part of the University of reading. Henley is also among the elite group of business schools to be triple-accredited for the quality and capability of the faculty and output. Henley Business School programs combine world class research-led thinking with practical application and experiential learning within the workplace. The school offers flexible program designs that are tailored to both organizational and individual needs and are fundable by the Levy.
The Henley Business School ICMA Centre's ICMA unique combination of finance theory and practice provides students with a skill set that sets them apart from graduates of other finance programs and provides excellent grounding for a career in the industry. The ICMA Centre also boasts two large lecture theatres, several seminar rooms and a dedicated PhD research area.
Masters Degree Program
- MSc International Shipping and Finance (9 months or 12 months option): The MSc in International Shipping and Finance is a unique program - A number of features differentiate this program from other shipping oriented postgraduate Masters, aiming to offer participants a distinctive competitive edge. In the centre of it all is its hands-on, practice centered approach. You will benefit from bespoke simulations, specialist masterclasses, networking opportunities, distinguished industry guest speakers and visits to leading companies and ports.
- During the program, you will specialize in maritime trade and commodities carried by sea, shipping market dynamics and cycles, the management of maritime businesses, chartering and ship-broking practices, shipping finance and investment methods, shipping-related risk management strategies and quantitative techniques, maritime logistics systems and the legal aspects of shipping.
- As part of the international exposure on offer with this program, one month of study is held in Athens at ALBA Graduate Business School, American College of Greece, which is ranked in the top 100 Global Business Schools. Receive a Dual Degree Award, with two full time MSc degrees in International Shipping and Finance from both the ICMA Centre and ALBA Graduate Business School.
- Participants on the 12-month program can select from four electives, including a work placement.
- Entry requirements: Minimum 2:1 or equivalent from an overseas institution.
- English requirements: IELTS - Overall score of 7.0 with no element less than 6.0 OR TOEFL - Overall score of 100 with no less than 20 in Listening, Writing and Reading and 21 in Speaking.