Masters Program in Supply Chain Management for Regular Students and Work Based Learning Program in Maritime Operations for RN and RAN Officers
Founded as Kingston Technical Institute in 1899, Kingston University London attained university status in 1992 and is one of the leading public research universities located at Kingston upon Thames in South West London. The university has four campuses situated in Kingston and Roehampton. The university is a member of the Association of MBAs, the European University Association and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
With over 17,000 students of which over 13,000 undergraduate and approximately 4,000 postgraduate students, Kingston University London is ranked in the world’s top 150 young universities in The Times Higher Education - 150 under 50 rankings 2016. Also Kingston University named one of globe's top 150 institutions for international outlook in Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The university was named among globe's best young institutions and in top two under 50 in United Kingdom in latest QS world rankings as well.
Kingston Business School is one of the largest business schools in the UK and is accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Many of its programs are accredited and recognized by professional bodies, including the Association of MBAs and the Chartered Institute of Marketing. The School has been awarded an Excellence in Teaching rating by the Higher Education Funding Council for England, and is a member of the Association of Business Schools.
Masters Degree Program
- MSc in Logistics & Supply Chain Management (Full time, 1 year): This program takes a theory into practice approach, emphasizing skills essential to the modern business manager specializing in supply chain and logistics management. Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, the program is built on concepts and ideas from Kingston’s renowned Operations Research and Management Science Group (ORMS). It offers both an academic and a professional qualification. This program builds practical skills and knowledge to make an immediate and effective contribution in a logistics-related role.
- Accreditation: This program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), providing the opportunity to become a CIPS member after three years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management. During this program, you will get a one year student membership to the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Admission Requirements: A good hons degree in any subject, or equivalent. International students must have an IELTS score of 6.5 overall.
Work-Based Learning (WBL) Program
- MSc in Technology (Maritime Operations) (2 years): Developed at the Maritime Warfare School (MWS) and the Submarine Warfare School in partnership with Kingston University, this program accredits the learning achieved during professional branch training. Kingston University is an approved learning provider on the MOD Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme.
- Your work-based learning program is tailored to your role and the needs of your organization. Skills and knowledge developed in the workplace are credited with academic recognition. University staff, with many years’ experience of working with the Royal Navy (RN), will provide comprehensive support by tutoring and advising candidates throughout the two-year program. A masters degree is awarded when 180 credits have been earned.
- Entry Requirements: Normally, candidates will have completed the one year PWO course (above water) or the equivalent warfare officer courses for submariners, or the equivalent PWO course of the Royal Australian Navy. The course is open only to applicants who have completed one of the designated RN or RAN qualifying courses.
LAST UPDATED ON May 11, 2018