Online and Work Bases Maritime Technology Programs Eligible for Chartered Engineer Qualification
The MTEC [email protected] is a consortium of four UK universities recognized for their excellence in marine technology education and research. The universities involved are Newcastle, Strathclyde, Southampton and UCL. All the universities are well known for their high standards of education and research in the field of marine technology. All programs are recognized for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA) and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
The program offers innovative, flexible postgraduate training, designed specifically for graduates working in the marine industry. The programs are part time, and are delivered by a combination of distance learning with intensive school weeks. Advanced technical knowledge and business applications are taught with minimum disruption to the graduate’s work responsibilities.
Students on the MTEC program can use Blackboard which is a web based course delivery and management system and allows students to gain access to course materials and communicate with tutors and their peers via a discussion board system. Programs available are MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate and CPD modules.
Marine Technology Programs
- Postgraduate Certificate in Marine Technology
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Marine Engineering)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Naval Architecture)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Offshore Engineering)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Small Craft Design)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Classification and Survey)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Conversion and Repair)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Defence)
- MSc or PG Diploma in Marine Technology (Offshore Marine Renewable Energy)
- The aim of this program is to provide the marine industry within the UK with graduates who have the necessary skills and training in advanced technologies, management, business and IT. With this training, they will be able to provide the necessary leadership and vision to maintain and enhance the industry’s knowledge base and improve competitiveness. The program will provide students with advanced technical and managerial techniques that can be applied in the marine industry and enable them to take on major responsibility early in their careers.
- The General MSc and Postgraduate Diploma program is available for students seeking a broader-based study package. This program is offered in collaboration with the Rolls-Royce Early Engineering Professional Development Scheme.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 23, 2017