Qualification and Training Courses in Export/Import, International Trade, Customs, Logistics and More from IOE UK
Established in 1935, the Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE) is the professional membership body which sets and maintains the professional standards in international trade management and export practice. IOE represents everyone involved in importing, exporting and international trade and offers individual or business memberships. IOE also offers various levels of qualifications and training programs for the sector.
The Institute is the leading authority in best practice and competence for businesses trading in UK and globally. The technical help is offered to solve issues with Documentation, Export Controls, Regulations and Compliance, Insurance, Payment Terms etc through various learning materials and short courses. The courses and training cover all aspects of international trade from introduction through to international marketing, online trading and trade finance and legal issues.
The professional qualifications are of high standards and offered from a level 1 right up to Master's Degree with Warwick University and designed to fit full-time career. The IOE Continuing and Professional Development (CPD) programs allow professionals to maintain and develop the knowledge, skills and competence systematically throughout the career in international trade.
Qualifications & Training Programs
- Level 1 Young International Trader (YIT): YIT is designed to provide vocational training for students who may ultimately be interested in a career in international business, or for those who may just want to learn more about how the exciting world of import and export impacts directly upon their everyday lives. The course comprises seven compulsory and two optional modules, each on a different aspect of international trade.
- Level 2 Certificate in International Trade and Logistics Operations - (6 months): The qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to, confidently, undertake the administrative role for arranging transportation of goods, working to meet the specifications of each customer, and ensure that all the required documentation is completed accurately. The qualification comprises four mandatory units and a choice of one unit from groups one, two and three; plus an additional two units to be taken from groups one, two and/or three. There are no specific entry requirements although good GCSE grades in English and Maths are an advantage.
- Level 3 Certificate in International Trade (Distance, Online): This introductory level qualification aims to help people get started in international trade; no formal qualifications are required for entry on this course. Designed to fit around a full-time career, with online study supported by contact with tutors, webinars, video sessions and podcasts. No formal qualifications are required for entry on this course.
- Level 3 Customs Practitioner Award: The four units will ensure the customs practitioner has a comprehensive understanding of the core compliance areas; classification, origin and valuation. In addition the units will cover import and export declaration procedures, including content required and accuracy. This introductory level qualification can be achieved by completing four of our world-renowned customs training courses and sitting a multiple choice assessment (online) for each unit. No formal qualifications are required for entry on this course.
- Level 3 Certificate in Customs Legislation and Procedures: This introductory level qualification is designed to get people started in the Customs profession. The Certificate in Customs Legislation and Procedures consists of seven modules. Designed to fit around a full-time career, it allows students to study online with access to innovative internet tools, hyperlinks to reference sites, videos, examples and step-by-step guides for putting the theory into practice. No formal qualifications are required for entry on this course.
- Level 3 Certificate in Customs Duty Calculation: This introductory level qualification is designed to provide people with the basic skills required to calculate the amount of customs duty that is payable on imported goods and consists of six modules. No formal qualifications are required for entry into this course.
- Level 4 Diploma in International Trade: The Level 4 Diploma in International Trade is the core operational qualification for international trade professionals. Designed to fit around a full-time career, with online study supported by contact with tutors, webinars, video sessions and podcasts. You'll get a detailed knowledge of all the principles, procedures and documentation you need to know for a successful career in international trade. After you have passed the Level 4 Diploma in International Trade you can apply for Associate Membership of the Institute, use the suffix of AMIEx and proceed to the Level 5 Diploma Qualification.
- Level 4 Customs Practitioner Award: By the end of the award, the customs practitioner will feel confident working in an international trade environment, with an understanding of the resources available to effectively manage customs risk. This level 4 qualification can be achieved by completing six of our world-renowned customs training courses and completing two x 3000 word written assessments.
- Level 5 Diploma in International Trade: The level 5 Diploma in International Trade is the core strategic qualification for international trade professionals. Designed to fit around a full-time career, with online study supported by contact with tutors, webinars, video sessions and podcasts. On successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma, students will qualify for Graduate Membership of the Institute and will be entitled to use the suffix of MIEx (Grad).
- Level 5 Diploma in World Customs Compliance & Regulations: Students who complete this qualification will be recognized as 'Accredited Customs Professionals', through the UK Customs Academy. Designed to fit around a full-time career, you have four years to complete the course, although the usual period of study is 15 months.
Foundation Degree Program
- Level 5 Foundation Degree in International Trade (online): The Foundation Degree in International Trade, offered in collaboration with the University of Plymouth, is aimed at international trade professionals to provide the skills and knowledge to operate successfully in international trade. It is suitable for new employees entering into their first management position, as well as aspiring or existing managers already in employment. Management areas may include - Logistics, Exports, Export Sales, Imports, Supply Chain, Trade Finance, Customer Service, Trade Compliance and Customs.
Masters degree Program
- MSc in International Trade, Strategy and Operations (1 year FT, or 3 years PT): Developed in collaboration with WMG at the University of Warwick, this MSc provides a thorough knowledge and understanding of the management and operational requirements necessary to trade successfully in international markets. The program is designed to appeal to a wide range of participants looking to take on senior roles in companies which trade internationally.
- Award in International Transport and Documentation (Distance): The Award in International Transport and Documentation qualification provides students with an understanding of the import and export order process from original enquiry, supply chain distribution to payment collection.
- Finance of International Trade Specialist (Distance): The Finance of International Trade Specialist qualification provides students with an understanding of the keys to profitability in their business, and the most appropriate sources of finance to maximize such profits.
- Introduction to Exporting
- Introduction to Importing
- Letters of Credit
- Introduction to Export Licensing Controls
- Advanced Exporting
- Advanced Importing
- International Trade and Finance
- Customs Procedures and Documentation
- Step by Step guidance on completing Customs Declarations
- Customs Classification and Tariff Codes
- UK & US Export Controls: A Basic Understanding
- Excise Duties and Procedures
- Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Training
- Understanding Rules of Origin, Free Trade Agreements
- VAT in International Trade
- Incoterms 2020
- Partner Courses
- Turning Risk into Opportunity in Export Markets beyond the EU
Dangerous Goods Courses
- Dangerous Goods for Air, Road and Sea
- Lithium Batteries
- Dangerous Goods by Air
- Dangerous Goods by Road
- Dangerous Goods by Sea
- Online Customs Declaration Training
- Online Customs Training
- Online Cross-Cultural Training
- Trade Mark Training
Other Training Programs
- Brexit Courses
- International Marketing Courses
- Overseas Training
- In-House and Bespoke Courses
- Customs Professional Pathway
- Digital Bridge Programs
- CPD Programs
- Trade Marks Training Videos