Translate to Your Language
Worldwide Training in Classification, Statutory & Inspection, Engineering, ILO MLC, Risk & Management Systems
Founded in 1760, The Lloyd's Register Group works to enhance the safety of life, property and the environment, at sea, on land and in the air, helping its clients to ensure safe, responsible and sustainable supply chains. It provides independent assurance and expert advice across a range of sectors such as Marine, Transportation, Energy and Management Systems.
The Marine business principally involves classification of ships, which sets standards of quality and reliability during their design, construction and operation. As well as carrying out statutory inspections for national administrations, required by international shipping conventions and codes, and also help ship owners and operators understand risks and improve business performance. The Transportation teams offer a complete range of engineering, safety, risk and management systems services to the land transport sector.
Finding a training organization that understands the needs of the marine industry, and has the experience and credibility to make training relevant and effective, can sometimes is difficult. That's where Lloyd's Register can really make a difference. Lloyd's Register is setting new standards in the quality of training and fulfillment of client expectations. Since 2002, it has been offering training services to the industry.
Classification, Statutory and Inspection Courses
- A Practical Approach to Port State Control (1 day): This course is aimed at those who require practical advice in preparing for a port state control Inspection including crew member behaviour during an inspection.
- A Practical Approach to Ship Surveys (2 days): The aim of this course is to provide delegates with practical advice on ship survey planning and preparation and what actions should be taken during a survey.
- Classification and Statutory Surveys (2-3 days): This two or three day course will clarify the role and function of a modern classification society. It will enhance understanding of a society’s requirements for both classification and statutory surveys, and help you to prepare for scheduled major surveys.
- Corrosion Protection (Online): The Online Corrosion Protection course allows you to apply your learning immediately. As the course progresses, you can start putting your newly learned knowledge, skills and expertise to work.
- Electrical and Control Engineering training (3 days): This course will clarify the role and function of a classification society. It will enhance understanding of Lloyd’s Register’s requirements for electrical and control engineering, including software-based systems, and help you to prepare for surveys leading to increased operational efficiency.
- Essential Dry-Docking training (3 days): This course will provide the essential information needed to successfully prepare, plan, and execute a comprehensive dry-docking.
- Hull Inspection-Damage and Repair (3 days): This three-day course provides the skills required to help you understand the different types of defects and damage that occur in ship structures.
- Introduction to Bulk Carriers (2 days): This course covers the key practical aspects of the modern bulk carrier. You will develop an appreciation of the way bulk carriers are constructed, operated and maintained.
- Introduction to LNG: This comprehensive introduction begins by outlining the growing importance of LNG, from growth in demand, to future prospects. The course is suitable for anyone with a basic knowledge of ships and associated engineering disciplines.
- Introduction to Naval Safety Assurance: By the end of this course you will have an understanding of the background to naval classification, the application of Lloyd's Register's Rules for Naval Ships, and how Lloyd's Register's services can benefit those involved in naval procurement.
- Life Cycle Management of FPSO Vessels (3 days): This course provides an overview of the life cycle management (LCM) activities associated with design, construction and operation and maintenance of floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels.
- Liquefied Natural Gas Ships (3 days): This course covers the key practical aspects of modern LNG carriage by sea.
- Machinery Damage and Repair (3 part course): This three part course is aimed at superintendents, flag and port state surveyors and other marine engineers with a responsibility for ships’ machinery. By the end of this course you will - Know where to find the classification and statutory requirements for machinery and to be able to confidently discuss repair options with the attending surveyors, Determine the technical and commercial aspects of machinery repairs, and Have knowledge of the repair techniques used for specific common machinery damage and defects.
- Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics (3 days): This course will provide delegates with an introduction to the key principles of CFD applied to the marine sector through practical examples.
- Materials, Welding and NDE-The Basics (1 day): This course will provide you with some very useful practical skills to make you more confident in your approach to common materials, welding techniques and testing procedures used in the marine industry.
- Naval Ship Code (1 day): This workshop will provide an understanding of the principles of goal based safety that the Naval Ship Code is based upon.
- RulesCalc Software (3 days): This course provides hands-on experience in using RulesCalc software to perform prescriptive checks required by the Lloyd’s Register Rules for Classification of Ships.
- Shaft Alignment training (2 days): This two-day course will cover key elements of shaft alignment theory and practice. It will also highlight the recent developments in shaft alignment analytical methods.
- Ship Emergency Response training: This course will help you meet element 11 of the Tanker Management Self Assessment (TMSA) guidelines.
- Ship New Construction (3 days): This course covers the key practical aspects of modern shipbuilding. You will develop your knowledge of modern shipbuilding practice, shipbuilding contracts, the major inspections and tests, plus the associated technical requirements.
- Superintendent Training Program: The modular format of the Superintendent training programme is a blend of e-learning and classroom modules, allowing freedom and flexibility of choice of when, where and what course to undertake the learning. Superintendent Training core elements (e-magazines) - Basic ship management, Crewing and resourcing, Commercial and chartering parties, Emergency planning and contingencies, and, People skills and communication plus a minimum of 5 classroom modules.
- Survey and Examination of Lifting Appliances (Online): This course was created to improve the quality of the surveying and examination of lifting appliances and therefore improve their safety, helping to reduce the number of injuries and deaths caused each year by lifting operations.
- Surveying a Bulk Carrier (DVD): This package is a detailed record of a harmonized survey being carried out by two Lloyd's Register surveyors, involving an Intermediate Special Survey including an Annual Classification Survey, an Annual Safety Construction Survey, a Periodical Load Line Inspection and a Safety Equipment Renewal Survey.
- Tanker Vetting and Inspection (2 days): This course is aimed at developing an appreciation of the key practical issues for anyone involved with vetting and tanker inspections.
ILO MLC 2006 Courses
- ILO MLC Internal Inspector training (3 days): This three-day Lloyd's Register course is aimed at all those who may be involved in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures required for compliance with the ILO Maritime Labour Convention 2006 requirements and application.
- ILO Maritime Labour Convention (ILO MLC 2006) training (2 days): This Lloyd's Register course will help you to develop a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ILO Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
Management Systems Courses
- ISM and the Lead Auditor training (4 days): This course covers the ISM Code, management systems and marine safety management combined with the principles and practices of modern auditing.
- Introduction to ISM, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (2 days): This course includes an introduction to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 standards and the ISM (International Safety Management) Code.
- ISPS Port Facility Security Officer (3 days): This three-day training course will provide port facility security officers with the training necessary to meet their obligations under the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
- ISPS Ship Security Officer (3 days): This training course will provide ship security officers with the training necessary to meet their obligations under the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
- ISM ISPS MLC training combination options: A combination of ISM, ISPS and ILO MLC training courses which can be selected and combined to suit you, to form your own personal training solution.
- ISM Internal Auditor training (2 days): This two-day course, which is a combined ISM familiarisation and internal audit course, will help you develop a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
- ISM Code and the Designated Person Ashore training (2 days): This course has been designed to provide the knowledge and skills required in accordance with the guidance and recommendation given by the IMO MSC-MEPC.7/circ.6
- ISM ISPS Internal Auditor (3 days): This three day course, which is a combined ISM and ISPS familiarization and internal audit course, will help you develop a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ISM and ISPS Code.
- ISPS Code - Company and Ship Security Officer training (3 days): This three-day training course will provide company and ship security officers with the training necessary to meet their obligations under the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
- ISPS Company Security Officer (4 days): This training course will provide company security officers with the training necessary to meet their obligations under the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
Management Training & Development Courses
- Leading the Fleet (2 days): The program focuses on the key leadership and people management skills needed to provide senior managers with tools to develop motivated teams, provide guidance on efficient utilization of personnel, encourage behavioral change and develop effective communication.
- Leading the Shore Based Team (2 days): The program focuses on the key leadership and people management skills needed to provide shore based managers with tools to create a real effectiveness in people terms for the fleet, develop motivated teams and develop effective communication to enhance safe operation.
- Leading the Ship (3 days): The course focuses on the key leadership and people management skills needed and, provide managers with tools to develop motivated teams, ensure effective communication, and encourage behavioral change.
- Train the Trainer (3 days): This three day course will equip you with the foundation trainer skills that will enable you to confidently deliver internal or external training courses.
Risk Management Courses
- Human Element and Human Factors: The courses will show regulators, shipyards, ship designers, equipment manufacturers, ship owners and operators how to make a safer working environment by better managing the human element to increase productivity, safety, welfare and help with issues relating to recruitment and retention.
- Risk Management and Incident Investigation (2-3 days): This interactive course is a must for all those responsible for safety, whether they are based on land or at sea. It shows them how to carry out operational risk assessments and incident investigations based on methodologies used by the UK’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
Environmental Awareness Courses
- Marine EMS Auditing for ISM Auditors (2 days)
- Introduction to ISO 50001 (1 day)
- Proactive Ship Energy and Maintenance Management
- Principles of Ship Energy Management (1 day)
- The Practical Application of the EU MRV Regulations for Shipping
- Ballast Water Management Awareness
Yacht Related Training
- Classification and Statutory Surveys for Mega Yachts
- Passenger Yacht New Construction
- ILO MLC (2006)
- Risk Management and Incident Investigation
- Large Yacht Code (LY3) Classification and Statutory Requirements
- Certification for PYC
- ISM and the Designated Person Ashore (DPA)