CITF, CITF, CSDG, CTFC, CSCF, QTFS and CertPAY Certificate programs and Diploma for Qualified Trade Finance Specialists Qualification for Banking, Finance & Trade Professionals
Established in 1879 and headquartered on London, London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) is a professional body for banking and financial services in UK and works internationally with partners. LIBF has been training and educating professionals in the industry and provides various professional qualifications to the aspiring professionals in the banking, trade and other financial industries. Apart from professional qualifications, the institute also offers Undergraduate & Postgraduate Degree Programs and Apprenticeship qualifications.
The trade finance qualifications are recognized internationally and studied in over 90 countries. They help you to enhance your knowledge and skills, demonstrate technical competence and take your career to the next level. Designed in partnership with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and in consultation with leading experts from across the world, our qualifications support professionals to develop and maintain their specialist knowledge of this ever-evolving sector.
LIBF offers CITF, CITF, CSDG, CTFC, CSCF, QTFS qualifications in trade finance and the transaction banking qualification (CertPAY) gives candidates a comprehensive understanding of the payments industry. It is endorsed by the SWIFT Institute and is supported by BAFT, Payments UK and the Emerging Payments Association (EPA).
The London Institute of Banking & Finance award CPD Hours for a number of ICC Academy e-learning courses and certification programs as well as attendance at their global events throughout the year.
Qualifications & Training Programs
- Level 3 Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF): CITF gives you a thorough understanding of the fundamental procedures, practices and legislation of international trade finance. CITF improves your knowledge of the products, documents, trade terms, roles and responsibilities that underpin international trade and finance. The CITF qualification also helps you develop a basic understanding of fraud prevention and risk in trade finance.
- Level 4 Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists (CDCS): The Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists (CDCS) is a professional qualification that is recognized worldwide as a benchmark of competence for international practitioners. The CDCS has been developed in consultation with industry experts to make sure that the qualification reflects best practice. CDCS is now managed by The London Institute of Banking & Finance in partnership with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Level 4 Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG): The Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees qualification will develop students’ understanding in the use of guarantees, industry rules, legislation and the challenges relating to demand guarantees and standby credits. CSDG enables students to demonstrate a high level of expertise and improves knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with demand guarantee best practice.
- Level 4 Certificate in Trade Finance Compliance (CTFC): This qualification gives you the technical knowledge to succeed in trade finance compliance and the ability to apply expertise in a professional setting. It is a valuable benchmark for Trade Finance Operations Staff, Relationship Managers, Bank Audit and Compliance Staff, and Risk Managers.
- Level 4 Certificate in Supply Chain Finance (CSCF): The Certificate in Supply Chain Finance is relevant if you work or are aspiring to work within an area dealing with Supply Chain Finance (SCF). You will develop an understanding of the standard definitions for techniques of SCF, how to identify funding gaps as a result of trade cycle analysis, understand clients’ needs and develop your skills in structuring and implementing SCF solutions.
- Level 4 Certificate in Principles of Payments (CertPAY): CertPAY enables professionals working in the global payments industry to attain an internationally recognised qualification. It will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of payments, from terminology to the mechanics of moving money across the globe, as well as compliance, risk, regulation, and strategy.
- Diploma for Qualified Trade Finance Specialists (QTFS): This designation will set you apart from the competition by providing you with additional recognition for your knowledge of transaction banking and trade finance. The QTFS Diploma has been created to demonstrate your knowledge of trade finance, and confirms your ability to use these skills in real-life situations.
- Once you have successfully completed a minimum of three qualifications in trade finance and transaction banking, LIBF will automatically award you with a Diploma for QTFS.
- L3 Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) or L3 Certificate in Principles of Payments (CertPAY) plus
- L4 Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists (CDCS) or L4 Certificate for Specialist in Demand Guarantees (CSDG) plus
- L4 Certificate in Trade Finance Compliance (CTFC) or L4 Certificate in Supply Chain Finance (CSCF)
- CDCS, CSDG, CTFC and CSCF designations are valid for three years and require recertification. Your L4 qualifications will need to be current to eligible for the Diploma for QTFS.