MCA, RLSS, and RYA Approved Commercial & Leisure Waterways Training Courses in Penkridge, Stafford
Located at Staffordshire UK, Birmingham & Midland Marine Services provides commercial marine training through Gailey Wharf Training Centre for personnel working on, above, or near the water with a broad portfolio of specialist inland marine courses for Helmsmen and BoatMasters. Programs are available for both Skippers & Crew and also to the construction, civil engineering, rail, utilities, events, maintenance, environmental, emergency services, military, expedition and education sectors, where personnel may be working around our inland waterways, canals, rivers, reservoirs and lakes, where an element of risk from the water has been flagged up on a risk assessment.
Courses are available from the relevant National Governing Bodies including - MCA, Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS), RYA, Inland Waterways Association (IWA), National Community Boats Association with Wharf Training and, Rescue 3 Europe in conjunction with Gwyndwr Training. The company also provides rescue boats, work boats, floating access solutions, vessel procurement services, as well as commercial vessel storage ashore.
MCA BoatMaster Training
- MCA BoatMaster Ancillary Water Safety & Personal Survival (Restricted)
- MCA BoatMaster Ancillary Boat Fire Safety (Restricted)
- MCA Tier 2 Task Record Book Completion Course
- The above courses need to be undertaken along with your underpinning knowledge of MCA regulations prior to sitting a BoatMaster’s exam. An accepted First Aid course such as the RYA First Aid qualification is also a requirement. Qualifying services time, recorded in your ‘Work Record Book’ is also needed to progress to BoatMaster.
RYA Inland Water Training
- RYA Inland Waters Helmsman Certificate IWHC (2 days): The RYA IWHC is the basic license required to work on the canal system, the one your insurer will be looking at as a bare minimum if you were to buy a boat, the one you take so not to look like a complete novice on your holiday.
- RYA First Aid Certificate (1 day): course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
- RYA VHF Radio (DSC): Through training partners.
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC) Practical Assessment (Inland)
Royal Life Saving Society Training
- Water Awareness - Guided Learning' (Foundation Level)
- Still Water Module: canal based with live casualty rescue training
- Still Water Module: canal based without live casualty rescue training
- River Module
- In Water Rescue Module
- Aquatic PPE Module
- Flood Awareness Module
- In Water Skills Session
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 7, 2019