Translate to Your Language
RYA Accredited Leisure Training and Online Interactive Classes & BTEC Courses and Industrial Working Courses in Bristol
Located at the Floating Harbor at River Avon in Bristol, Bristol Maritime Academy RYA Centre runs a full range of RYA recognized marine industry courses including Powerboat, Personal Watercraft and safety boat courses, practical and shore based theory at the HQ based within the historic Underfall Yard in Bristol harbor. Bristol Maritime Academy is the only RYA coastal training centre based in the Bristol Historic Floating Harbor and also work in both inland and coastal waterways.
The Center also offer a variety of shore-based programs such as Sea Survival, VHF/SRC Radio courses and a First Aid course which is specifically tailored to the marine industry and some of these courses are available online. For those wishing to gain some extra qualifications to begin their career in the marine industry or want the exciting opportunity to live and learn in another country, training packages are available as well.
- BTEC Level 3 Water Based Management Sport (2 years): Our courses are fully OFSTED and once completing the course you would be equipped with a BTEC Level 3 in “Water based Management” giving you the skills for your next step in education or employment in the marine industry. The offers both hands-on and theory based and this provides students with practical, real-world skills for working in the marine industry. BTECs give students the skills they need to either move on to higher education or go straight into employment.
- Industrial Working Course (5 days): The Industrial working near water & Safety boat course is a complete package for companies and organizations whose staff works from boats covering safety and accessing Britain’s waterways. This course would meet with environmental agencies contractor criteria as well as national governing body standards and upon completion the candidates would receive a RYA Powerboat Level Two certificate after completing 2 days of bespoke training with specific elements related to the job role.
RYA Online Courses
- Coastal/Yachtmaster Theory: Safely plan day and night passages including off shore and in shore navigation.
- Day Skipper Theory Course: RYA Day Skipper Theory course gives the candidates the ability to navigate in coastal waters in yachts during the day and night.
- VHF/SRC Course: RYA VHF/SRC course gives the candidates the ability to use the radio correctly.
- PPR Course: A compulsory online course for RYA Commercial Endorsement holders. No matter what your role on the water, we all have a duty of care to crew, passengers, and other water users, and you will be held to account if things go wrong.
- CEVNI Online Test: The Code Européen des Voies de Navigation Intérieure (CEVNI) is the code governing navigation on the interconnected European inland waterways. Signs, rules and procedures for navigating many of the European inland waterways are all included within the CEVNI. Passing the ICC CEVNI test simply allows the Inland category on your ICC to be validated.
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship: An understanding on how to passage plan and safely navigate in the daytime in local waters.
- Safe & Fun Online Course: It is a requirement for all newly qualifying Level 2 Racing Coaches, Dinghy and Windsurfing Instructors and Senior Instructors to complete prior to their instructor/coach training course.
RYA On the Water Courses
- Powerboat Level 1 (inland) - 1 day: Assist on-board a powerboat and drive under supervision.
- Advanced Powerboat (2 days): Students will be able to execute trips whether day or night and find the locations needed through navigation and equipment use.
- Tender Operators (2 days): Navigate a tender in day and night time conditions and with full regard to passenger comfort and safety. Candidates should understand that this course is an introduction to tender operations and that vessel specific training will be required when they work on board a yacht.
- Coastal Endorsement (day): Able to safety drive and maneuver a powerboat up to 10 meters in daylight conditions in coastal waters.
- STCW95/2010 Training (6 days): STCW Elementary First Aid, STCW Personal Survival Techniques, STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, and STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Powerboat Level 2 (2 days): Safeties drive and maneuver a powerboat up to 10 meters in daylight conditions.
- Intermediate Powerboat (2 days): Create a passage plan and navigate on coastal waters in day light.
RYA On Shore Courses
- STCW95/ 2010 Training
- VHF/SRC Course
- STCW Individual Modules
- First Aid
- Day Skipper Theory Course
- Coastal/Yachtmaster Theory