Change the Language
Marina Training, Marine Apprenticeships, & Short Courses Training by British Marine
The British Marine Federation (BMF) represents a wide range of businesses in the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry. The 1400+ membership base is diverse and represents the UK marine supply chain. Examples include major world players in superyacht sector, chandlers, leading suppliers of equipment for yachts and motorboats, boatbuilders, marine consultants, boat cleaning services, brokers, flag makers, Sail Training and operators of marinas both coastal and inland.
By promoting an environment for training and recruitment, BMF encourages UK marine based companies to invest in training for the benefit of the industry. BMF manages a number of short courses as well as develop national and regional qualifications from entry to advanced level. The work ensures the longevity of the industry by providing the professionals with relevant training programs for personal or companywide improvement. Marina training and certification is accredited by the Global Marina Institute.
British Marine Short Courses
- Welcome Afloat (1 day): This training course gives participants today's core customer service skills - reflecting the latest techniques and best practice.
- BMET Electrical (2 days): A practical which provides the skills needed for installation and maintenance of electrics on boats, leading to an industry recognized qualification. The course is aimed at individuals with at least one year’s experience in boat electrics.
- Marine Electronics Installer (1 day): An informative course that provides all the skills and knowledge electronic installers need for installation and maintenance of electronics on boats, leading to an industry recognized qualification - Aimed at individuals with at least one year’s experience in electronics.
- Boat Sales Qualification: The Association of Brokers & Yacht Agents (ABYA) and The Boat Retailers & Brokers Association (BRBA) Boat Sales Qualification has been designed to recognize the competence and experience of those selling new and second-hand boats.
- RCD Awareness: Designed to increase and expand your knowledge of how to meet the requirements of the RCD, and assist your ability to comply to this important directive.
- The Law Relating to Brokerage and Boat Retailers: This course is designed to give brokers the latest updates and legislation on issues covering law when selling new and second hand boats. It provides invaluable information and guidance, to help you minimize legal problems when selling boats.
- VAT for Brokers: This workshop is designed to go into detailed up to date information on VAT issues that brokers face and includes the latest updates and legislation covering this important area. Presented by an expert in the field, the workshop is interactive, where delegates can ask questions on specific queries and discuss solutions to VAT problems.
- Marina Operatives Course: Self taught modular course for those working in marinas
- Intermediate Marina Managers Course: Residential course for those with one year marina management experience
- Advanced Marina Managers: Course for marina managers with at least three years marina management experience
- Certified Marina Manager: Designation for marina managers with at least five years marina management experience
- Certified Marina Professional: Certification for those working in the Marina Industry but not directly managing a marina
- Please visit the GMI section for more details
- Apprenticeships are open to people aged 16 and over and combine real work experience and studying with the end goal of achieving a work-based qualification. This can start at the equivalent of a GCSE, right the way up to degree level.