Translate to Your Language
Masters Program in Yacht Design at QDU Rome, Italy
Founded in 1987, Quasar Design University (QDU) is a private university located at Rome Italy and established by a group of professionals and university teachers, as a research and training institution focusing on the study and planning of the environment, products and new forms of communication. It has its base in the center of Rome that comes with efficient and up-to-date equipment, which welcomes students from all over the world.
Training is carried out in programs of different intensity and duration including - Bachelor’s Degree (3 years), Professional qualification (15 months), Academic Master (12 months),a nd Open (of varying duration). The qualifications and specializations awarded at the end of the three-year and professional training courses are valid for employment purposes allow the acquisition of university credits (ECTS) in accordance with the educational regulations of the host institutions in Europe.
Quasar Design University, since its foundation in 1987, has collaborated in various ways with public and private institutions and major companies through activities such as: the development of projects for industrial production, the restructuring and restoration of architecture and open spaces, temporary stagings, planning institutional communication and company events and training.
Academic & Training Programs
- Master in Yacht Design (2 years): The Master is aimed at graduates and final-year students in engineering and architecture, and at designers, professionals and experts in the sector, with basic design knowledge and skills in CAD modeling, with an interest in design practice for the nautical leisure industry. The experience gained in the Master finds a natural outlet in the professional activity of designer in the technical departments of boatyards, freelance yacht design, interior yacht design and as a designer of components for the industry in the sector. This master in yacht design will give the students competence in 3D Rhino and 3D Orca Software, 3D Studio Max, Realflow, V-Ray and Phoenix plug-ins, a good knowledge of interiors and exteriors styling, a general understanding of structural issues and building materials, and a basic of hydrodynamics and hydrostatic.
- Two intakes per year starting in January and September.
- 15 weeks of learning course at Quasar University in Rome
- 8 weeks of stages in shipyards or yacht designers
- Number of students: Minimum 10 - maximum 20
- Internship for two months in the technical department of an Italian yacht builder or at a yacht designer studio