Master 100 GT, OUPV, Renewals and Assistance Towing & Auxiliary Sail Endorsements Training in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and Pennsylvania
Located at Cambridge MD, Charter Captain Courses provides US Coast Guard approved captains training and endorsement programs in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. The school also offers assistance in preparing paper work & application. Charter Captain Courses is focused on helping aspirants to become more proficient and qualified to operate a boat on the Inland or Near Coastal waters.
The school will prepare you for the USCG License and the lectures are offered by licensed working captains. Also on the offer is First Aid and CPR from American Heart Association. The course uses classroom lectures, homework, and hands on training. No testing is required at the USCG Regional Examination Center for original license.
USCG Approved Courses
- Master Level License up to 100 Gross Tons (Near Coastal and Inland): This license allows you to perform the duties of an OUPV and in addition operate vessels that have been inspected by the Coast Guard's Marine Safety Office and are permitted to carry more than six passengers for hire. Tonnage for this license can be from 25 to 100 tons and is determined by the Regional Exam Center after evaluating your sea service time.
- OUPV (Operator Uninspected Passenger Vessel) Six Pack: The charter boat or Six Pack license, will allow the holder to take up to six (6) paying passengers, plus a crew out on his vessel for hire.
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 Tons: Any applicant who has successfully completed your 24-hour Upgrade OUPV to Master Not More Than 100 Gross Tons course and who presents your Certificate of Training at a Regional Exam Center within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy the examination requirements.
- Renewal USCG Credential OUPV or Master: For current credential holders that can not meet the sea time requirements need to renew. Completion of approved 8 hour training course and examination will be accepted by the USCG for the sea time requirement.
- Assistance Towing: This endorsement will allow you to engage and charge for in assistance towing.
- Auxiliary Sail: This endorsement will allow you to operate a sail vessel with paying passengers.
- Marine Radio Operator's Permit Testing: For FCC MROP license
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 26, 2020