Graduate and Certificate Programs in Supply Chain Management at Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business & Center for Supply Chain Excellence
Saint Louis University is a Catholic, Jesuit University ranked among the top research institutions in the nation. The University fosters the intellectual and character development of more than 13,000 students. Founded in 1818, it is the oldest university west of the Mississippi and the second oldest Jesuit University in the United States. Through teaching, research, health care and community service, Saint Louis University has provided one-of-a-kind education, leadership and service for nearly two centuries.
Located in the heart of St. Louis, Missouri, Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business at Saint Louis University offers several highly ranked business programs. The school also focus on career planning, internships and opportunities to help our students connect with professionals in each areas of study.
SLU’s Center for Supply Chain Excellence provides training and education about the various tools and activities of the supply chain (supplier relationships, purchasing management, operations and inventory management, logistics and transportation, quality measurement and information technology) through programs, events, publications and interactions with corporate supply chain professionals. The center is also affiliated with APICS, the American Society for Quality, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), Institute for Supply Management (ISM), Missouri Enterprise, National Contract Management Association and National Defense Transportation Association.
- MBA with Supply Chain Management Emphasis (One Year Full Time & Part-Time): The One-year MBA is aimed at prospective students worldwide who are grounded in business -- either through a BSBA degree or significant work experience (two years, minimum) -- and who are ready to spend a year honing their skills and advancing their careers. The supply chain specialty was jointly designed by industry leaders and faculty experts to combine with the broad based managerial skills of the MBA to manage operations and supply chains across an organization. This unique concentration will help managers face the challenges of tomorrow's globally integrated businesses.
- MS in Supply Chain Management: The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management curriculum at the John Cook School of Business focuses on the theoretical as well as the applied supply chain and logistics skills that are essential in today's competitive global supply chain environment. The program focuses on the study of operations management, logistics, information technologies, finance, lean/six sigma, ERP, project management and simulation to deliver the analytical skills employed in public and private sectors.
- MS in Supply Chain Management with Health Care Emphasis: The health care supply chain track in our Master of Science in Supply Chain Management Program offers a unique opportunity for students and professionals to learn the most up-to-date supply chain management tools unique for the health care industry. Students in this program not only learn knowledge in the class room, but more importantly they will be integrated with industry experts in the health care area to complete their knowledge gaining experiences.
Professional Development Programs
- Post-MBA Certificate in Supply Chain: The post-MBA certificate at the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business focuses on specific areas that Master of Business Administration graduates from AACSB-accredited institutions can further pursue: entrepreneurship, finance or supply chain management.
- Integrated Supply Chain Management Certificate Program (ISCM): The Integrated Supply Chain Management Certificate Program offers comprehensive management development techniques/tools for professionals involved in inventory management, purchasing, warehousing/ transportation, project management, lean principles in the overall supply chain pipeline. 18 months to complete the course.
- Global Supply Chain Management Certificate Program: The Global Supply Chain Management Certificate prepares individuals for positions as managers, directors, and integral leaders within corporate supply chains. Students will emerge with strengthened leadership abilities in the areas of strategic and operational alignment, global business practices, and the overall execution, control, and oversight needed to build a competitive global infrastructure. 18 months to complete the course.
SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY Features
The European campus at Madrid was established in 1967 and is the first freestanding campus operated by an American University in Europe. This campus is recognized by Spain's higher education authority as an official foreign university. The School of Business was founded in 1910 as a distinct unit of Saint Louis University, one of the first schools in the American West to provide business education at the university level.
- Campus: Saint Louis University is located AT St. Louis, Missouri in the city's arts district, five minutes from the Gateway Arch on the Mississippi Riverfront. A second campus is located in Madrid, Spain.
- Accreditation: The university is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the John Cook School of Business undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by AACSB International -- the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the premier accrediting agency for degree programs in business.
- Enrollment: More than 8,100 undergraduates and 5,100 graduate students (including medical and law students) from all 50 states and nearly 80 foreign countries.
- Centers of Distinction: The centers include the Boeing Institute of International Business, the Center for Supply Chain Management, the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Emerson Ethics Center and the Simon Center for Regional Economic Forecasting.
- Graduate Career Advising: Career professionals in the Career Resources Center (CRC) are available to assist individuals better manage their careers. Services are available to graduate students and alumni from all graduate business programs.
- Study Abroad: Between Fall 2008 and Summer 2009, more than 800 SLU students studied abroad all over the globe. More than 20 locations are open to undergraduate Billikens, and there are also exchange, graduate and short-term options.
- SLU Rankings and Honors: Saint Louis University is ranked among the top five Jesuit universities in the country and is considered one of the nation's best values in higher education. The University has been lauded as a character-building college, noted for its service efforts and regularly named one of the region's top employers.
- Majors and programs: Nearly 100 undergraduate programs and more than 50 graduate programs.
- On-campus living: 91 percent of freshmen live on campus.
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 10, 2018