Maritime Operations Training at Ulladulla Campus in Illawarra
TAFE NSW Illawarra is renowned for delivering world class vocational education and training that is relevant, timely and of the highest quality in order to meet the training needs of individuals, business and the community. TAFE Illawarra enrolls approximately 34,000 students per year and comprises of 14 Campuses from Wollongong in the North, down the South Coast and across to Bega and the Southern Highlands.
The high level qualifications provided by the institute are recognized not only throughout Australia but across the world, providing with a pathway to further study. The flexible training options to suit your lifestyle delivered full time, part time, online, in workplace or on weekends.
Close to the region's magnificent beaches and harbours, TAFE NSW Ulladulla offers students a great coastal village feel. This location services the southern Shoalhaven area from Sussex Inlet in the north to beautiful Kiola in the south. Students have the opportunity to study a wide selection of courses in business services and business administration, children’s services, information technology, tourism and hospitality, general education, community services including aged care, home and community care and disability, maritime and horticulture.
- Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) - Certificate II (Ulladulla Campus): This qualification is suitable for people who work as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and, command a commercial marine vessel that is up to 12 meters in length with propulsion power that is unlimited for an outboard engine or up to 500 kw for an inboard engine; carry passengers on a vessel for inshore or as a tender or auxiliary vessel within 3 nautical miles (nm) of a parent vessel within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The above course is not scheduled this year. However, it is avaialble online form TAFE Digital and from following TAFE NW campuses
- Ballina Campus: Blended
- Bega Connected Learning Centre: PT Evening
- Brookvale, Northern Beaches Campus: Full Time, PT Evening
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC: Blended
- Maclean Campus: Blended
- Moruya Campus: PT Evening
- Northern Beaches, Brookvale Campus: Full Time
- Nowra Campus: PT Evening
- Port Macquarie Campus: Blended
- Shellharbour Campus: PT Evening
- Ultimo College, Marcus Clark Campus: Full Time
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 31, 2019