What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Maritime Navigation & Engine Courses, AMSA Approved Short Courses, and Logistics Training at Ultimo College and St. George College
TAFE NSW Sydney Institute is one of the largest and most innovative education and training providers in Australia. Each year, Sydney Institute helps more than 70,000 students achieve their education, learning and work skills goals through 800 rewarding and exciting nationally recognized courses and training programs offered across seven Sydney Institute TAFE colleges, in the workplace, online and via distance learning.
The institute also designs and conduct tailored training programs for Australian business, industry associations and government to increase their productivity and upgrade their staff skills. Many of the colleges of Sydney Institute specialize in study areas aligned with the work skills needs of local industry.
St George College is a large, friendly community-focused campus open to people of all ages and backgrounds. Also know as St George TAFE, is the Sydney Institute college serving Sydney’s southern suburbs and the Logistics programs are conducted here.
Ultimo College (also known as Ultimo TAFE, Sydney TAFE, Sydney Tech or Sydney Technical College) is the Sydney Institute college serving the Sydney CBD and suburbs. Ultimo College is a bustling, exciting campus in the heart of one of Sydney's most vibrant education, cultural and entertainment precincts. The maritime programs are conducted at the Ultimo College.
Maritime Courses (Navigation & Engine - Ultimo College)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 meters Near Coastal) (7 weeks - 30 hours per week)
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal) (3 weeks - 30 hours per week)
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master up to 35 meters Near Coastal) (6 weeks - 32 hours per week)
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) (6 weeks - 32 hours per week)
- Certificate I in Maritime Operations (General Purpose Hand Near Coastal) (2 weeks - 30 hours per week)
Marine Short Courses (Ultimo College)
- AMSA Certificate of Safety Training Refresher (35 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in Advanced fire Fighting - AMSA approved (28 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in AMSA Continued Competency (16 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in GMDSS Operations (70 hours)
- TAFE Statement in GMDSS Revalidation (1 week - 30 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in Use ECDIS to maintain safe navigation (40 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in STCW (112 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in Ship security Awareness (6 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (7 hours)
- Statement of Attainment in Proficiency Survival Craft (28 hours)
- TAFE Statement in Marine Revalidation Part A (16 hours)
- TAFE Statement in Marine Engineering Revalidation Part A&C (112 hours)
Logistics Short Courses (St George)
- Essentials to Working in a Warehouse Distribution Centre - Statement of Attainment (4 weeks)
- Essentials of Importing and Exporting - Statement of Attainment (4 weeks)
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 26, 2017