OUPV, 100 Ton Master Upgrade, Towing Endorsement and Marine Radio Operators Permit Programs in Calverton NY
Located at Calverton NY, Captain's School of Long Island provides captains licensing programs and other courses approved by USCG. The class sizes are small and each student gets the individual attention required. These licenses will help you start a professional career to in a professional business, work on a charter boat, transport and deliver boats, Marina, work for or start your own towing company, work for a ferry service, water taxi and more.
All the course materials provided by Captain's School of L. I. and the facility are also approved by the United States Coast Guard. The Captain’s School is located in Calverton, Long Island, New York. The location is less than 2 miles from the Long Island Expressway and 2 3/4 of a mile West of Splish Splash amusement park.
Captains License Classes
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (O U P V) 6-Pack: This license allow you to take up to 6 passengers for hire, on an uninspected passenger vessel that is up to 100 gross tons up to 100 miles offshore.
- OUPV Requirements: Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC), Application (applicant must be 18 years old), Passport or birth certificate, CPR & First Aid card Physical, Drug Tes signed by Medical Review Officer, Certificate of course completion, and Sea Service(s) form showing 360 days of sea time on yours or someone else's vessel. To obtain the Near Coastal endorsement, 90 days must be on ocean or near coastal waters. In addition 90 days of the 360 must be withen the last three years. Read more..
- Upgrade to 100 Ton Masters - Inland and Near Coastal: Allows you to operate a Coast Guard Inspected Vessel up to 100 gross tons and up to 200 miles offshore with the Near Coastal license.
- Towing Endorsement: Allows you to engage in Commercial assistance towing. You may work for companies such as Sea Tow or Tow Boats US etc.
- Marine Radio Operators Permit (MROP): Required to operate the VHF radio on an Inspected Vessel
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 30, 2018