Supply Chain Management Education at the College of Business and Technology
Founded in 1909, Northeastern State University (NSU) is Oklahoma’s fourth-largest public four-year institution and one of six regional institutions governed by the Regional University System of Oklahoma board. The university serves a learning hub in northeastern Oklahoma formed by three campuses – the main campus in Tahlequah and branch campuses in Muskogee and Broken Arrow – which together serve nearly 9,000 students annually.
The College of Business and Technology offers you many program choices, with 13 undergraduate majors and three graduate programs to prepare you for your business career. You can enjoy the experience of a residential campus in Tahlequah - with all of the benefits that the residential experience provides.
These include professional development in organizations such as the American Marketing Association or the Association for Information Technology Professionals. Business and Technology classes offered in the midst of the business community providing plenty of opportunities for internships or coops.
- BBA or Bachelor of Technology in Supply Chain Management: The Supply Chain Management major exposes students to vital skills needed in meeting the challenges of domestic and international logistics, procurement, transportation, distribution, and inventory movement and storage. Courses focus on the ability to identify methods of supply chain optimizing and the development of new opportunities for creating value in the movements of goods, services, information, and financial resources. Students are grounded in relevant theory in addition to applied principles of Supply Chain Management.
- Certification in supply chain management is available through several entities and include - Certified Production Inventory Manager (CPIM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) offered through The Associations for Operations Management (APICS); and Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and Certified Profession in Supply Management (CPSM) offered through the Institute for Supply Management (ISM).
- The programs are available at Tahlequah and Broken Arrow campuses.
NORTHEASTERN STATE Features
Northeastern State University is located in a place like no other, where the Ozark Mountains, famous for their beauty, roll gently across the land, offering a panorama of natural scenery filled with pines, oaks, dogwoods and redbuds that blossom each spring. Nearby runs the Illinois River, cool and clear, feeding into Lake Tenkiller, a lake of deep crystal green with a shoreline of beautiful forest and spectacular rock bluffs. The countryside, river and lake create an ideal area for a wide variety of favorite outdoor activities including backpacking, camping, horseback riding, fishing, boating, scuba diving, water skiing and many others.
- Campus: The 200-acre main campus of Northeastern State University is located at Tahlequah, capital of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and is less than an hour southeast of Tulsa. The Tahlequah campus is a blend of old and new, where rich history meets modern technology all over campus. Other campuses are Muskogee, a 23-acre campus opened in 1993 and the third campus in Broken Arrow.
- Accreditation: Northeastern State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Business programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are fully accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Study Abroad: The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education have now created a centralized clearinghouse of study abroad information which profiles all such information offered throughout the state. All college and university programs in the clearinghouse are linked to relevant information provided by the respective institutions sponsoring the study-abroad programs.
- Cooperative Education - Work / Study China: CIBT Education Group, Weifang University, Beihai College and Northeastern State University are conducting the Work/Study China Program for upper-division undergraduate students at NSU.
- Distance Learning: Distance learning courses at NSU are available in online, blended, or videoconferencing formats. Online courses are delivered over the Internet and require little, if any, residential meetings. Blended courses delivered through a combination of online and face-to-face format. Students come to classes on selected days during the semester and complete the remaining course content and requirements over the Internet using the course management software, Blackboard.
- NSU at Muskogee: The facility houses traditional and weekend academic programs, as well as an office for the NSU Small Business Development Center. Seminars, conferences and continuing education courses are also provided on an ongoing basis.
- NSU at Broken Arrow: The fast-growing NSU-Broken Arrow campus is currently comprised of six academic buildings and a maintenance facility, featuring a new classroom building, new science building and a state-of-the-art library, all complemented by a beautifully landscaped mall and fountain area. Almost 50 baccalaureate and masters degree programs and certification options are currently available at NSUBA.
- Leadership Development: Center for Leadership Development and Community Engagement offers provides student leadership education through programs and resources. Individual students and student organizations are encouraged to take advantage of the resources such as the NSU Leadership Library, leadership development workshops, and nationally recognized programs Strengths Quest and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Career Services: The Career Center offers a variety of services to all majors and at all stages of their careers. Staff members build and maintain relationships with alumni and employers who can provide internships, entry level positions and opportunities for experienced professionals. Through career exploration and experiential opportunities, students are motivated to expand their knowledge of themselves and the world of work. Partnering with faculty and colleagues, and recognizing that each individual has unique needs, our staff helps students and alumni make the most of their NSU education by offering resources, networking, and employment opportunities.
- Campus Housing: From the traditional residence hall experience to the suite-style accommodations available at Seminary Suites, NSU Housing offers options to fit your lifestyle. Living on campus comes with great benefits, such as access to multiple computer labs, membership to the University’s Fitness Center, Internet access and laundry facilities.
LAST UPDATED ON Jun 21, 2019