Supply Chain Management Education at Price College of Business
Created by the Oklahoma Territorial Legislature in 1890, the University of Oklahoma (OU) is a doctoral degree-granting research university serving the educational, cultural, economic and health-care needs of the state, region and nation. The Norman campus serves as home to all of the university’s academic programs except health-related fields.
OU ranks No. 1 in the nation among all public universities in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled, with a record 225 National Merit Scholars - 29 more than the previous OU record . OU has over a .5 billion impact on the state’s economy each year. This year, OU achieved the Carnegie Foundation’s highest tier of research activity classification, the first time a public institution in Oklahoma has received this outstanding recognition.
US News & World Report Rankings for 2010 ranked Price College of Business at 42nd in the nation, International Business Program at 17th and the Entrepreneurship Program at 15th.The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals’ Supply Chain Quarterly ranked OU #6 in research productivity in terms of the number of articles publishing in leading supply chain journals from 2000 to 2006.
- BBA in Supply Chain Management: OU's Supply Chain Management provides an invaluable education experience based of real-world application of distribution, marketing, and management practices. Students take courses in logistics management, purchasing and buying behavior, production operations management, and inventory and materials management. The Supply Chain Management Program has been ranked in the top 20 in the nation by Supply Chain Management Review.
- Phd in Marketing & Supply Chain Management: The Oklahoma doctoral program in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing and Supply Chain Management focuses on competence in marketing management, marketing theory, behavioral concepts in marketing, logistics and supply chain management. Students receive rigorous training in marketing research methodologies. Most doctoral candidates are appointed to a research assistantship early in their program to encourage interaction with faculty members. In addition, many summer research and research related-travel opportunities are provided for students. As evidenced by their research and teaching related awards, Oklahoma MKT/SCM doctoral students are intimately involved in activities that prepare them for their careers as academics.
The university offers very strong educational opportunities with more than 160 areas of study from which you can select a major. Here you will find gifted teachers, learned scholars and dedicated staff members all committed to your success. The vast range of opportunities at OU include campus governing bodies, sororities and fraternities, athletic teams, music groups, theater and the arts, and the campus media.
- Campus: The central campus and the offices of administration of the University of Oklahoma are located on some 3,500 acres in Norman, a city of more than 100,000 residents. Norman is located near the center of the state, 20 miles south of Oklahoma City, the state capital. The Norman campus consists of four sections - central campus, south campus, research campus, and north campus. Most of the academic and administrative buildings are located on the central campus.
- Accreditation: University of Oklahoma is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Michael F. Price College of Business programs are accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - AASCB International.
- Study Abroad: The goal is to create opportunities for all Price College of Business students to participate in a study abroad experience. All business students, regardless of their major, will greatly benefit, both personally and professionally, from experiencing different cultural and economic environments, interacting with foreign students and faculty, and observing, first hand, global business operations with OU faculty guiding the way. The 2011 programs include Costa Rica; Reading, UK; Alcala de Henares, Spain; Arezzo - Entrepreneurship, Italy; Arezzo - Finance, Italy; Vichy, France; and Clermont- Ferrand, France.
- Diversity at OU: OU is proud of its rich history and culturally diverse student body, representing all 50 states, over 50 tribal affiliations, and over 100 foreign countries. Also, with more than 300 clubs and organizations on campus, OU offers a place for every student to explore his or her interests.
- Housing: OU guarantees housing to freshmen. Certain students are required to live in University housing. Since OU is one of only a few public universities in the nation with faculty families living in residence halls, you can even develop intergenerational friendships. Faculty in Residence and Resident Advisors organize events and activities for students in their residence halls, allowing students to meet other students as well as professors and staff from across the OU campus.
- National Merit: The University of Oklahoma is No. 1 among all public universities in the number of freshman National Merit Scholars enrolled and is No. 5 among all public and private universities. OU is home to over 700 currently enrolled National Merit Scholars.
- JCPenney Leadership Center: The JCPenney Leadership Center provides high performing undergraduate business students with opportunities to develop their leadership potential through a variety of learning experiences and interactions.
LAST UPDATED ON Jun 21, 2019