Translate to Your Language
STCW Safety, Security, Medical, and Firefighting Courses in Edinburgh and Northumberland, UK
Located in Edinburgh, Sea and Land Training (SALT) Services provides courses for the Maritime and shore based sectors. STCW courses and training are provided in Edinburgh and certain elements of the STCW courses at the facility in Amble, Northumberland. Also Security courses are delivered throughout the UK.
The training programs are conducted in highly equipped centers throughout Edinburgh, which have been approved by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and classroom facilities at Leith Docks are easily accessible from all major transport links in Central Scotland. SALT courses are MCA accredited and have been developed using current MNTB guidelines and incorporate the 2010 Manila amendments to the STCW code.
In collaboration with C&P Recruitment, Sea and Land Training (SALT) Services are also capable of providing recruitment solutions for both clients and candidates and has already placed a number of candidates to companies throughout the UK.
STCW Training Programs
STCW Safety Courses
- Basic Safety Course (5 days): SALT Services provide the 5 mandatory training modules from the Basic Training Qualification. You can book each module individually or all 5 days together, to suit your requirements.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (0.5 days): This course has been designed to give students an understanding of life at sea and how to observe safe working practices.
- Personal Survival Techniques (1 day): The course has been designed to give students an understanding of the hazards associated with working at sea and the use of equipment required in an emergency.
STCW Firefighting Courses
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (2.5 days): The course provides an understanding of the nature and risk of fire, and expertise to respond effectively to extinguish fires, should they develop.
- Advanced Fire Fighting (4 days): This course is designed to meet the requirements laid down in STCW Regulation VI/3 and Section A-VI/3 of the STCW code.
STCW Medical Courses
- Elementary First Aid (6 hours): This course has been designed to give students suitable guidance on the initial actions taken to enable them to deal with a medical emergency.
- Medical First Aid at Sea (4 days): Medical First Aid at Sea will provide you with an updated knowledge in current first aid medical procedures.
STCW Security Courses
- Security Awareness (0.5 day): This course is designed to highlight the importance of ship security in accordance with SOLAS and the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS).
- Designated Security Duties (1 day): This course is designed to enhance the Security on board in accordance with SOLAS and the ISPS Code.
- Emergency First Aid At Work (EFAW) (1 day): This allows candidates to respond effectively with situations requiring emergency first aid skills.