Translate to Your Language
Offshore Crane Operator, Lifting Operations, and Hydraulics Training Programs in Aberdeen, Houma and Houston, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, and Macae
With worldwide offices, Sparrows Offshore Group is a global provider of engineered products and services to the energy industry and supply engineered products and services to a variety of industry applications and delivers structured and bespoke solutions in the safety critical areas of lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power.
With over 1,650 employees worldwide and over 40 years’ experience working in the energy industry, Sparrows is the only company in the world to offer onshore coaching in a real offshore pedestal crane and a crane simulator. The programs enable and ensure students reach Sparrows Group’s exacting and industry-leading standards. Training programs are accredited to ISO 9001, OPITO and NFPC in the UK and API RP2D in the US.
Sparrows Group offer the industry leading training at its worldwide training center locations in Aberdeen (UK), Houma and Houston (US), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Singapore, Luanda (Angola), and Macae (Brazil). They have the capability to deliver bespoke and standard training at locations both onshore and offshore. All the centers have portable crane simulators that can be easily deployed to any location and have state of the art main frame simulators in Aberdeen and Houma.
Offshore Crane Operator Courses
- Offshore Crane Operator Standard: The goal is to help build a strong safety culture in your workforce that will lead to a reduction in the frequency and severity of incidents and deliver tangible benefits to your organization. The development programs in 3 stages include - Aptitude Testing, Novice Operators, Static Lifting, Advanced Operators, Dynamic Lifting, Competence Assessment, and Re-assessment to ensure continuing competences.
- Offshore Crane Operator Stage 2 Assessment: A one day course designed to suit personnel who have already completed the offshore crane operator stage 2 course and require to refresh their certificate bi-annually. The course covers advanced knowledge and demonstration of operating ability. Successful completion enables delegates to carry out deck lifts unsupervised.
- Offshore Crane Operator Stage 3 Re-Assessment on Sparrows Crane Simulators: Take advantage of the latest technology in offshore crane simulators to ensure your crane operators can react quickly and effectively to emergency situations and reduce risk in your lifting operations. This service is available to all candidates who possess a recognized and valid stage 3 qualification, initially gained at the offshore workplace. The simulator projects a virtual offshore environment, with assessment of realistic static and dynamic lifting operations designed to suit the operator’s experience. The crane operator is also challenged to respond correctly to emergency situations and be able to demonstrate underpinning knowledge of safe crane operations as part of the assessment process.
Offshore Crane Operator Standard Courses - Worldwide
- Offshore Crane Operator - Stages 1, 2 and 3
- Simulator Assessments
- Crane Appreciation
Offshore Crane Operator Standard Courses - US Specific
- API-U Crane Operations
- Gin Pole / Auto-Crane Operator
- Mobile Crane Operator and Rigger
- Offshore Crane Operator Stage 3 Assessment
- Offshore Knuckle Boom Crane Operator and Qualified Rigger
- Offshore Pedestal Crane Operator and Qualified Rigger
- Offshore Pedestal Crane Operator
- Powered Overhead Crane Operator
Lifting Operations Standard Courses - Worldwide
- LCP Training
- LOLER Lift Planning / Risk Assessment
- OPITO Banksman / Slinger - Stages 1, 3 And 4
- OPITO LOLER Competent Person
- OPITO Rigger - Stages 1, 3 And 4
- Rigging Loft Management /Lifting Gear Inspection
- Wire Rope Inspection
- Working at Height
Lifting Operations Standard courses - US specific
- Aerial Platform Operator
- API-U Qualified Crane Inspector
- API-U Rigger
- DROPS Prevention and Awareness
- Emergency Load Lowering
- Man-Riding Hoist Operator
- Onshore Rigger
- Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift)
- Qualified Crane Inspector
- Qualified Offshore Rigger (Banksman / Slinger) - Advanced
- Qualified Offshore Rigger (Banksman / Slinger)
- Rigging Gear Inspector
Hydraulics Standard Courses
- BFPA Hydraulic Safety, Hose and Fittings
- NFPC Level 1 Foundation Hydraulics
- NFPC Level 2 Intermediate Hydraulics